Side Project.....Raising a Mantis...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

buddogmutt

NOT ALLOWED
Reaction score
here it is....i have 3 i'll be raising to maturity...just wanted to see some action...feeding,eating and what not...so...here we go...

Cool pets! I used to see those things quite a bit around the blueberry fields back in the day but havnt seen one in years. Those things always freaked me out a lil bit.

They look like good little soldiers going after the bad guys. very cool. I don't like the part where they eat each other if they don't have enough to eat.

Very nice pic's again Bud, thanks.

Rosebud said:
They look like good little soldiers going after the bad guys. very cool. I don't like the part where they eat each other if they don't have enough to eat.

Very nice pic's again Bud, thanks.

there's ants,termite larva(from old wood from fence repair) a few fruit fly type flies and aphids from the rose bushes in the yard...so plenty of food for now..all from backyard..and 2 small spiders

thats cool. What is that ball? some sort of food

Wow that is pretty cool. I didn't know they came from a cocoon like that. I have a small one living in my lemon basil.

okay....the biggest ate the last one last night...so from 4 to 1....getting big though....and a blast to watch eat...cant wait til it gets bigger so i can feed it bigger food....

So their cannibals also. What is the red dot below the mantis in the second picture?

A few seem to have found their way into my greenhouse, saw one this morning again! There's a big green one and a smaller brown one so far...

ziggyross said:
So their cannibals also. What is the red dot below the mantis in the second picture?

ladybug...they eat those as well

Roddy said:
A few seem to have found their way into my greenhouse, saw one this morning again! There's a big green one and a smaller brown one so far...

great pest control

Latest posts

Back