silly idea?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cyberquest

Junior GreenThumb
Reaction score
i was thinking of ways to get light to the bottom of the plant, i was thinking of making something like these that would set around the bottom of the plants base and reflect light up to the lower branches.

line this with mylar, or a thick enough mylar could probably make your own, and maybe adjust angles a but more.

these are the collars you put on your pet so they dont scratch a wound. lol. but its the basic shape and idea i have in my little stoned head. :D

78_1.jpg

cyberquest said:
i was thinking of ways to get light to the bottom of the plant, i was thinking of making something like these that would set around the bottom of the plants base and reflect light up to the lower branches.

line this with mylar, or a thick enough mylar could probably make your own, and maybe adjust angles a but more.

these are the collars you put on your pet so they dont scratch a wound. lol. but its the basic shape and idea i have in my little stoned head. :D
Hey man the only way your gonna know if it works is to try it. I would do a test on 1 plant and see how it goes. I love how a stoned mind works. :aok:

haha my friend brought that up a couple months ago. He never tried it thought. the main thing you want to achieve is photosynthesis. so good luck

hmmm i i think i might have to give it a try and find out, i just hate seeing the bottom part of the plant shadowed since the light is above it. mylar on the walls would probably hel reflect it better, thats coming soon.

cyberquest said:
hmmm i i think i might have to give it a try and find out, i just hate seeing the bottom part of the plant shadowed since the light is above it. mylar on the walls would probably hel reflect it better, thats coming soon.

Mylar will make a difference! I just added some to my new flowering room... take a look later if you'd like. It suuure is shiny.
http://www.marijuanapassion.com/forum/showthread.php?p=67344#post67344

the "receptors" that fuel photosynthesis, are "primarily" on the top of the leaves...BUT, there have been some intereting results achieved useing colored mulch underneath vegetables and fruits.
try google a sarch for "effects of colored mulch"..you should find it intereting

arent the reason that MH and HPS lights better for growing is for their light penitration values? it would make me think if light comes from the bottom too, it would penitrate to the top, but i am stoned so i think of a lot of different things.

i will look that up hick thanks for the info. i will do some research and see if maybe different colors will stimulate growth, i think i saw mylar that has color tint to it.

ok a stoner off the wall question....would food coloring hurt the plant? you remember back in school when you put a brocoli stick in colored water, it sucked up the water and turned colors.

here is one interesting thing i found.

What Does Colored Mulch Do?
Colored mulch mimics the reflective patterns of the green leaves of neighboring plants. The plant will sense the increased ratio of far-red to red light as though it is reflected from the nearby plants, when in fact it is just the colored mulch. The colored mulch "tricks" the plant into putting more energy into shoots to outgrow other plants. Some colored mulch even "tricks" the plant into producing more and better tasting fruit.

so readin that my mind leads me to believe that if i shed more light on the bottom of the plant, the reflected lights from the LEAVES not the light would trick the plant into thinking its surrounded by other plants cause it would raise the far-red to red ratio. so it would kick into overdrive thinking its fighting for survival among other plants.somewhat similar to the sea of green affect if i am not mistaken.

only thing i would fear is that it might trick it into leaning towards being male to reproduce.

On my first grow I put 2 double bulb floros (one on each side) under my plants. That along with 8 floro tubes above made my plants look like shrubs. They were really wide and had many, many branches.
I'm trying that again after I get my grow box finished. I think it really helped!

i just got my mylar today so i am going to try to construct something today.

we have talked about installing some lighting in the bottom of the grow closet too, we will see how this works and go from there.

ok i took some mylar and layed across the bottom of the pot now, if we see significant new growth on the bottom leaves we will construct one more like those cones pictured above, its getting tons more light to the lower leaves just having the mylar there so we will see how it goes.

000_0196.jpg

Latest posts

Back