Simple Question about LED

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
PJ, you are the one who told me that I need 700-800W for a 3 x 3 space. Per your recommendations, I am looking at a 700W Mars II or 2 400W Mars II, like DGF is running.

PJ, you are the one who told me that I need 700-800W for a 3 x 3 space. Per your recommendations, I am looking at a 700W Mars II or 2 400W Mars II, like DGF is running.
Where did I say a Mars 700 delivers 700 watts of power? They are actually only 300 watts. I may have said tyo get the MarII700, but I never said use 700 watts. Huge difference!!!!!!

If you read what is stated on this very thread I clearly said

To replace a 1000 watt HID use roughly half the wattage, so 500 watts roughly. 460 to be exact. Just keep in mind you want to use more- smaller fixtures over larger more powerful [heat making] ones.

I have stated more times than once that when we talk LED power we always need to use power consumption as a baseline.

I did just go back a re read your response and you did add around 400 to the post, but that fixture is closer to 300 not 400.

If you had originally asked me what can I use to replace a 400w watt HPS I would have said a LED that uses 200watts to function.

The delivery is just very confusing and made me think you thought you need to double your wattage when in fact you are using around half.

No and I did not say that. I am looking at approx. the same wattage using a 400W HPS as 2 400W Mars II or a single Mars II 700. The specs say up to 380 watts, so while not fully 400W, it is not anywhere close to 1/2 the wattage. And 9 sq ft x 60 (working) watts is 540W, so even the 700W and the 2 400W look they would be underpowered if we use 60W per sq ft. I am just confused.....So can I replace my 400W HPS with 200 working watts of LED?

No and I did not say that. I am looking at approx. the same wattage using a 400W HPS as 2 400W Mars II or a single Mars II 700. The specs say up to 380 watts, so while not fully 400W, it is not anywhere close to 1/2 the wattage. And 9 sq ft x 60 (working) watts is 540W, so even the 700W and the 2 400W look they would be underpowered if we use 60W per sq ft. I am just confused.....So can I replace my 400W HPS with 200 working watts of LED?
From what I can see, and I just went back and re read your PM is that you are changing up your room size each time this pops up.

You told me you were using a 2.5 x 2.5 tent which is 6.25 feet. Now it is 3x3 9 sf.

You changed the game by almost 180 watts by the change you made. At the original size you would have needed about 360 watts.

You now need the estimated 540, but that is by your doing with the change you made.

Your 400 was never even brought to my attention.

If your goal is to match your old 400 then use 200 watts of LED power and you can expect the same results. If you want to have the chance to achieve better use the 60 watts per foot so long as you are in a tent or have the ability to reflect.

LOL stank--no, I did not, but I have been taking tough jobs in tiny little crawl spaces I never would have otherwise (and eating Ramen) to save money up. Also, I had a couple of benefactors step forward and offer to help me out and get me "into the 21st century".

So wait, let me get this straight... hard work, sacrifice and kindness pays off in the 21st century?

who knew?

GL THG
:48:

Cant rob peter to pay paul. Lol
Ill stick with what i can afford,,and it aint Leds. Love the pink color though.

Cant rob peter to pay paul. Lol
Ill stick with what i can afford,,and it aint Leds. Love the pink color though.

I haven't had to replace a bulb since I bought my LEDs and those bulbs were 50 - 100 bucks a pop, sooner or later, LEDs have got to be cheaper. You'll end up hating that colour though, it makes the plants look sick.

Latest posts

Back