Size dome for clones ?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rebel

rebel
Reaction score
i ordered the heat mat, tray that holds 72 and clear 2" tall dome.
im afraid the dome isnt tall enough for clones, what size u all use ?
do i need a 7" clear dome ?

No--the 2" dome is not going to be tall enough. However, I never use those humidity domes that come with those trays. They are flimsy and I never ever take anywhere near 72 cuttings at a time. Since I don't have an over abundance of room, I don't need or want a huge tray in my space. Do you plan on doing 72 cuttings at a time?

I have pretty much given us using those try kind of things to clone as a bubble cloner just works so much better and faster. However, you may find (like I did) that the tray takes up way too much room and is simply too flimsy. So, my 72 cell propagator got cut into smaller sections. I generally use some kind of plastic container with a lid to hold the cuts and keep the moisture in. I have found that heaters do not work for me--I have never had them work--they always got too warm and were detrimental to good root growth so I don't use them and haven't for years. Be sure and monitor your temps very carefully if you plan on using a heater with the cuts.

I use to use a Dome...the taller the better...Ive been having great results without a dome and misting a few times a day...Best of luck

:48:

thank yu thg. no, i wont be doing 72, only a few. i may just use it for starting seeds and vegetable seeds also.
what type plastic container with a lid do u use ?im trying to find something suitable.
i cloned 5 from my WW grow by just placing cuttings in soil in solo cups. under 4" shop light. 2 lived and are doing great.

Latest posts

Back