skeptical directions

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
One of my very good friends that grow received 3 seeds. He decided to germinate and start to plant them and said once they were started he'd give me one of them to grow for myself. he wrote down growing directions for me.

7 hours light/17 hours dark until 1 foot tall then 24 hours on. with a 75-85 watt bulb.

But this seems backwards, so what would you all suggest?

hardrockstoner said:
One of my very good friends that grow received 3 seeds. He decided to germinate and start to plant them and said once they were started he'd give me one of them to grow for myself. he wrote down growing directions for me.

7 hours light/17 hours dark until 1 foot tall then 24 hours on. with a 75-85 watt bulb.

But this seems backwards, so what would you all suggest?
It is backwards...They say 24/7 light on always (till phase 3)! I don't do 24/7 because I am a scardy cat and I am afraid of fire while I am away (that would be one to explain to the homeowners insurance company...lol). I took advice from one of the posters on here to do 18 light 6 no light. I have been doing this since the day they were planted in the soil. Maybe I am wrong, but my plants seem to be fine.

Yur friend don't know shit from shinola.
I use a 24/0 cycle.
Also, you need flo's, MH or HPS. Pot won't grow under an incadescent bulb.

MotherEarth: you can cut the chances of a short/fire by using a power strip w/circut breaker.

18/6 is alright 24/7 is perfect. 17/7 you will end up force flowering. Incadescent will not grow squat. Its frequency is in the green spectrum which the plant reflects the light. (human eye don't see it).

Don't get those wal-mart cheapo 2' 10 watt grow florou bulbs
Scenerio: 1 plant (bad idea you'll prbably end up with a male)
closet grow.
This is the cheapo/ghetto way. HIDs are expensive.
You need at least (2) 42 watt full spectrum compact florou 10 bucks at wal-mart. and fixture about 3 bucks. that will barely do a 2 sq.ft. area. Get the flouros about 1-2 inches away (it won't burn).

Also hit that grow guide if its your first grow.

Thankyou for the ~Powerstrip Idea~

Yes the grow guide is very informative. Check it out. Do some research and grow more than one plant. I do atleast 6 at a time. My luck only 2 will be female. The rest...one word...Hash. :p

Latest posts

Back