skinny buds help

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

chronicman

Reaction score
so my budy started his garden around the same time as mine and iit is now 6 weeks into flower. i am not sure of the strain but i do know it looks like crap. the buds are long and loose they cover most of the branch. the buds if you could call them that are really skiney and along the bud stem you see what appears to look like alternating resin glands and pistols. the buds are much heavier at the bottom and middle of the plant and the top buds look like sticks with leaves comming out of them with a few stringy buds. i dont know what to tell him and i cannot get any pictures cause he is mad paranoid. what can he do to get his buds thinker and producing more trichs. this weed sucks help.

first what kind of lights is he using second is he using ferts for flowers and if the buds are btter lower down on the plant it sounds like he may be using side mounted fluoros if this is the case he may need to get extra to place obove the plant I am not the best grower but these are some of the info I have learned from reading around

the light is 1000 wt hps and he uses the dnf flower fertilizer once every second watering

How far away are the lights from his babies?

chronicman said:
the light is 1000 wt hps and he uses the dnf flower fertilizer once every second watering

Must be a ground grow? sounds like one. :rolleyes: That HPS should be within 18" of the tops... DNF is really made to be used with all the products (gold/black/bloom fortifier) but he can get away w/ just the bloom fortifier... thas what packs the BIG pounds on... can get a container of it for like $10-$20

Well I run a 400 hps and a 1000 mh and I must say... I get the big fat sticky assed buds every time! Now if I could just let them finish for once......too tempting I tell ya'!

GreenDayGirl said:
Well I run a 400 hps and a 1000 mh and I must say... I get the big fat sticky assed buds every time! Now if I could just let them finish for once......too tempting I tell ya'!

I run the opposite! haha 1000hps 400mh... either way.. ur right.. big sticky icky.. oooouuuu weee.

i know what you guys mean my nugs are always fat and sticky, these buds are different then anything i have ever seen. the light is close enough the plant the top just seems to be extremely loose. it almost appears that this breed grows the stem of the nug first and then fills in. it is really strange and i was wondering if anyhting like this has happened to anyone else.

I have seen mass quantity (shwag) plants with small thin buds running the length of the stem. Has his ladies been pollinated by a male? That can make them smaller. If you don't know the strain, genetics probably have lots to do with it also. He is using the right type of light, and unless there is something seriously wrong with his soil/ph/water schedule, then its probably just bad luck on choosing a strain. You can't do anything to change that but give it nutrients with lots of P and K. Even then, it just adds a little weight, not anything substantial. Pics would be really helpful though if you want a definite conclusive answer

joegrow22 said:
I have seen mass quantity (shwag) plants with small thin buds running the length of the stem. Has his ladies been pollinated by a male? That can make them smaller. If you don't know the strain, genetics probably have lots to do with it also. He is using the right type of light, and unless there is something seriously wrong with his soil/ph/water schedule, then its probably just bad luck on choosing a strain. You can't do anything to change that but give it nutrients with lots of P and K. Even then, it just adds a little weight, not anything substantial. Pics would be really helpful though if you want a definite conclusive answer

Ph can change absorption levels enormously... could be a factor.

Latest posts

Back