skinny plant?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

berserker

Valhalla
Reaction score
this plant is almost 4 weeks old,it is about a foot tall.i just transferred it into a 5 gallon pot.i have been only using 2 cheap blue tinted grow lights and a fan to strenghin the stalk and to help with the circulation and heat, i do have a 400w hps on the way and should be getting that any day:D i have this plant in MG soil that has nutes in it and feeds the plant for 3 months(this is the new soil after transfer) and i got some nutes that are 20-20-20 and just started to use that. how often do i was this? and how much? and in between the nutes do i just give it distilled water or always feed it with the nute water? if this plant is to skinny is there any hope for it? or should i pull it and start all over:confused: ? this is my first plant and i am really attached to it but will do what is the best for this skinny little female.

doesnt look too bad. just insufficient lighting. im sure it will start to bush out a little once you get that HPS in there.

once i do have the 400w hps light on it,how far away should i keep that from the top of the plant?

hey your plant looks good but it could be a little better. i started off with thoses light are they are are reg bulbs with bule light they will cuase your plants to grow tall and skinny plus you cant put them close to the palnts they are way to hot. you will want your palnt to be more compact then what you have now the more nodes the better. you might want to go and get you some cfl's and repalce those grow blubs. oh and heres a chart for you this should help you with the hps

lightdistancechart.jpg

Get it as close as possible without burning them. Start from a good height and feel the heat with your hand and/or put a thermometer with a probe at the top of the plant. Slowly work your way down and keep a good eye on it.

thank you sin inc for the chart and b-doggie for the advice. i cant wait for this hps light and see how she does with the RIGHT light.

Beserker,how's it goin'? Is your plant a clone? If not there's about a 50% chance that it's a girl. If growin' from seed you should always germinate several to better your chances of gettin' a lady. Listen to Sin Inc and get some CFL's for it. Most will tell you not to use MG pottin' soil but I've had good luck with it. However,if the bag says it feeds for three months you shouldn't be givin' it any nutes. You'll burn it with chemicals and that's not a good thing. Water it with plain water only and only when the top 2" of soil are dry. If you can put soil up to the round leaves. This will make it shorter and will help make it stronger. My current grow is 2 weeks older than yours and their about 15" tall and I can't see the floor of my cabinet they're so bushy. How big is your grow space? A 400 watt hps is enough light for 8 square feet. I have 7 plants in 6 square feet and I'm usin' nothin' but CFL's right now. Once I flip the lights to 12/12 I'll probably get rid of about half of them. I'd stick with CFL's if it were me. Anyway, good luck with your grow. usandthem from where the grass is blue.

usandthem said:
Beserker,how's it goin'? Is your plant a clone? If not there's about a 50% chance that it's a girl. If growin' from seed you should always germinate several to better your chances of gettin' a lady. Listen to Sin Inc and get some CFL's for it. Most will tell you not to use MG pottin' soil but I've had good luck with it. However,if the bag says it feeds for three months you shouldn't be givin' it any nutes. You'll burn it with chemicals and that's not a good thing. Water it with plain water only and only when the top 2" of soil are dry. If you can put soil up to the round leaves. This will make it shorter and will help make it stronger. My current grow is 2 weeks older than yours and their about 15" tall and I can't see the floor of my cabinet they're so bushy. How big is your grow space? A 400 watt hps is enough light for 8 square feet. I have 7 plants in 6 square feet and I'm usin' nothin' but CFL's right now. Once I flip the lights to 12/12 I'll probably get rid of about half of them. I'd stick with CFL's if it were me. Anyway, good luck with your grow. usandthem from where the grass is blue.

Do you have a HPS for flowering??

Fluid, I don't have an hps right now. Just CFL's.I have heat issues in the warm months.I'm hopin' to get a 250 watter in the near future but I've had good harvests with just the CFL's.usandthem from where the grass is blue.

The easiest (though not cheap) way to help with the heat issue is an inline air cooled reflector. I have an extra fan for the reflector. One is blowing air from the outside in and the other is pulling the hot air out. In the summer I have another exhaust fan plugged in to pull hot air out. But for now my HPS light is 3" from the top of my plants and they are very comfortable.

ventilation 2.jpg

ventilation 1.jpg

the nutes that i started was PETERS 20-20-20. and was gonna give that mix everyweek and a half and distilled water between that.should give the it more then that or is that about right?i am gonna use the chart that sin inc gave me for my hps.THANK YOU!!(chart shown above) what is the optimal foot candle that you want on your plant?

Bombudpuffa, what area? Eastern, Central or Western? usandthem fromwhere the grass is blue

Latest posts

Back