Slab

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
legit question

pot flowers look good and we vote a lot based upon looks

the smell is more interesting to me than looks and I can’t say why , maybe I am burnt out on all the years of pushing and emphasizing looks

we are just now getting into the terpenes , their function , their effects upon humans and fragrance is from the terpenes

i suppose it is similar to different tasting wines , coffees , and cigars

smell , taste , flavors , and effects all help me have a complete experience with this sacred herb

smells evoke strong memories and sometimes when I smoke some herb , I will experience being in a different time and place , maybe 40-50 years ago

so yeah , when I open a jar or a baggie of cannabis , first thing I do is take a big whiff of it and close my eyes and see where it takes me

my personal favorites are piney spicy peppery , an example would be a good Durban Poison

another is chocolatey coffee earthy dankness , an example would be Bubba P98

and so on and so forth

take a whiff for me

F273DAF2-284D-4103-87F7-BF9D6F988CAD.jpeg

The Critical filled the Dry tent. The big moss plant took up the top two rungs, and the soil critical took the bottom rung, with a few buds needing to be hung extra.
Both the GSC are hanging whole plant in the 3x3. The DryTent is 57% RH, the 3x3 is 62%. Temps are around 65F.

Attachments

• signal-2022-08-26-15-59-24-031.mp4
    2.2 MB
Critical FB auto fem - weight after dry trimming:
o Soil: 2.2oz
o Moss 5.4oz
GSC (also from FastBuds) auto fem - weight after dry trimming:
o Soil GSC dried: 38.1g (1.36oz)
o Moss GSC dried: 39.2g (1.4oz)

Dried over 3 weeks in 54 - 62%RH. All are in grove bags now as I figure out if I dried them right as the humidity normalizes. Hopefully there is a little moisture in the bud centers to bring them up because initially bagged they are reading low at 51%- 54% RH. The wood moisture meter was reading around 14% in the stems, so I thought it had more time because the meta is 10-12% to be ready. The smaller stems made "the crunch sound" several days ago so hoping I didn't over dry them. I'm not too worried. They smell great.

The bags are still too low RH in the low 50% after half a day so I definitely over dried them trying to wait until the wood meter read between 10% and 12% in the stem closest to the bud. That is kind of weird because the RH of the drying tent was between 55% and 63%. It never got down to 12% seeming to sit at 13.5-14.5, so I will rely less on the meter next time. I did a calibration, and the meter is right on, so for me the meta didn't work or I screwed up somewhere. My hygrometers have all been calibrated with their offset marked with tape.

I've heard people pushing the meter pins directly into the buds and that definitely reads lower, but I found those readings very unreliable jumping all over the place and practically have to smash the bud to get a reading. Hopefully dropping down to about 50% for a bit won't have damaged it too much. It tastes fine, etc. I'll continue monitoring and probably be rehydrating a little bit over time with a mist of distilled water in the grove bags.

It appears grove bags itself recommends trying to push the wood moisture meter pins into the stem right where it enters the bud, and then in the bud itself.

grove bag's meter demo:

I was putting both pins in the stem at the base below the bud. Where I was doing it 13-14% might be fully dry. So, my wood meter technique is what threw me off. Live and learn. My herbs got down to around 50% RH for a few days. Not sure how damaging that is but it seems ok. A partial mist spray of distilled water has all the bags within range after a day.

noobs noobing :p I am having fun leaning...
That's what it's all about. Don't stress, have fun, and realize nobody knows everything about growing this magnificent plant. Everybody makes mistakes. That's why they put erasers on pencils.

I killed a plant I had great expectations with using a flowering booster that was supposed to beef up the buds, never again will I waste a plant on that kind of snake oil...it's all part of growing and learning...

The Critical filled the Dry tent. The big moss plant took up the top two rungs, and the soil critical took the bottom rung, with a few buds needing to be hung extra.
Both the GSC are hanging whole plant in the 3x3. The DryTent is 57% RH, the 3x3 is 62%. Temps are around 65F.
Now thats Cool did you buy that or design it yourself
It the later please explain

Now thats Cool did you buy that or design it yourself
It the later please explain
Bought it from DryTents.com. It's pretty neat. You hook the drytent up to your main tent and just pull the air through both with your main tent fan. But it only held the critical so it's a little small even for my 3x3 autos harvest. The main tent becomes available for drying too, so no biggie. Considering it is too small for the whole dry, I'm not sure it's really better than just using the main tent and hanging them.

edit: it just occurred to me that if all the plants are not ready at the same time, then that DryTent could come in very handy even being kind of small.

Last edited:
Bought it from DryTents.com. It's pretty neat. You hook the drytent up to your main tent and just pull the air through both with your main tent fan. But it only held the critical so it's a little small even for my 3x3 autos harvest. The main tent becomes available for drying too, so no biggie. Considering it is too small for the whole dry, I'm not sure it's really better than just using the main tent and hanging them.
What spins it

I went to the site but could not find much info and tf the trays spinnershey had no ordering page

Can you take a pic of the rotational device at the top of the unit
Im interested as to what type they used and how they secured it.
I hope it did not cost $300 dollars as some have said

I went to the site but could not find much info and tf the trays spinnershey had no ordering page

Can you take a pic of the rotational device at the top of the unit
Im interested as to what type they used and how they secured it.
I hope it did not cost $300 dollars as some have said
8252470F-B811-4609-AB61-6C25F8B50527.png

Latest posts

Back