Slow dose of vodka

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
S

Shiloh

So, I find myself needing to quiet my mind. I have always have been a high functioning person. Have been long term serious caregiver to five loved ones. Currently, I find that Titos vodka and a very healthy diet are getting me by. My true hope is cannabis. OMG, I hope I can grow what I need.

So, I find myself needing to quiet my mind. I have always have been a high functioning person. Have been long term serious caregiver to five loved ones. Currently, I find that Titos vodka and a very healthy diet are getting me by. My true hope is cannabis. OMG, I hope I can grow what I need.

I've nothing against alcohol per se, but had to (well strongly advised to) cease drinking. Sad, but I did avoid a liver transplant! I'm from Kentucky and Bourbon flows in my veins, (along with equal portions of scotch.) I actually built a moonshine still! I miss it, but the advantages of letting it go have been manifold. I drank the top shelf only, very expensive bottles. Well in showed up in the pocket book first. Holy ****, I could go out and buy everybody's drinks and still save money. Expensive booze is heinously expensive at restaurants and clubs.

Showed up in health next, and I was not a huge drinker at all. I just felt better. I have found weed to be a much much better medicine for what ails me than alcohol or other substances...many of them felt good, but not for the long run....after all these years cannabis, well at least good cannabis slid into first and eventually only place. Growing it eliminated anything that wasnt good cannabis, never could it be easier than it is today.

To grow what you need, get good seeds first. From what you describe, a Indica like OG Kush or the like may be the ticket. Unlike sativas, which in me tend more towards highs that can be anxious, and no one needs that when trying to calm down and relax. Indica, for me is much more forgiving in its high, relaxing and numbing rather than a paranoid electric bolt. (Which might be fine in certain situations.)

Plus, it flowers quickly, it short and yields well. Buy a PH meter and PH ALL and ANY water, nutes, etc that go in your pots. Use a known good dirt Fox Farms Ocean Forest or some other proven soil, dont gamble here. At least 5 gallon pots, ONE plant per pot. Start in Jiffy cups, then trans plant when seedling size.

Get some Cal -mag and use it. Nutes can be very confusing and it is super easy to be "fleeced by the hyponosis of advertising" and spend buku money for things you dont need. Dont over feed. Most soils like Ocean Forest have all the nutes (except cal mag) you will need for 3 or 4 weeks.

Simple nutes? Lots of info on General Hydroponics nutes, forget full strength instructions, 1/2 strength and work your way up. Here's a tip from me for what thats worth, try the NUKEHEADS Flower power set. Only 2 jars. One for veg, one for bloom. You can pour this stuff on, says wont burn (doesnt mean overdose is good), but I've ever so slightly fried some tipy tip ends with the flower nute having given it several days in a row.

These nutes are simple and work well. Too light green? increase. Dark green, hold steady. Now that is simplified. Are there others? Oh yes! Are they better? Who knows! Maybe? This does work, once you have a few grows, change up. But this will get you through the question "Can I grow what I need?" the answer is ABSOLUTELY. Mostly we are a bunch of chuckle heads and we got it to work right- right?

Bubba

Uh, most single important decision, what are you planning for lights? Have a few inexpensive but works (meaningful budding) to well, more expensive. Next indoor out door? Do indoor, 2 x 4 mars hydro tent, 1 Marshydro SP 3000 LED light. At 20 inches this will give just under 1000 ppfd and the corners will still be over 700. 2 of these lights in a 4 x 4 is even better. See testing and review on "cocoforcannabis.com" and a discount code.

I've also used cheap LED lights successfully, 2 x 4 tent and 3 phlizon 1000 lights off of amazon. I paid 119.00 each they are on sale for 79.00 on amazon right now. Nothing special. 100 watt more or less each and do use Samsung 301 LED and the nice deep red ones too. Best? NO! Works? Yes. 3 of these (or other 100 watt panels, from spider farmer, mars hydro, HGL,) cost a good chunk of the SP3000, which is on sale at Mars Hydro now. They offer a tent package with the 2 x 4 tent and this light, but it uses a 4 inch fan...I would up grade to 6 inches, but that's me.

Just do it. Hate debt, but many of these places offer to finance this stuff if that helps. You need something that works NOW, not a pile of stuff that doesn't.

Bubba

Me and Mr Vodka get along very well. Nothing like sipping vodka and a bowl at the end of the day. I'm lucky I guess. I have a shut off valve. I love a good head buzz but not to extreme. Once I get so loaded I stop or at least slow way down. Thing is....I am a sipper not a chugger.

I drink my cold lite beer. My Sons say,,,Dad thats not beer. I say good, that means when you run out you wont ask for mine. And guess what,,,they did.😁

Me and Mr Vodka get along very well. Nothing like sipping vodka and a bowl at the end of the day. I'm lucky I guess. I have a shut off valve. I love a good head buzz but not to extreme. Once I get so loaded I stop or at least slow way down. Thing is....I am a sipper not a chugger.
Same here, just doc said you have liver that does not like alcohol, stop or suffer consequences. It wasnt from alcoholism or abuse, just my liver does not like alcohol. While it functions fine otherwise, alcohol throws a monkey wrench.

My fave was anything that was Stitzel-Weller Distillery. About all that's left these days is Pappy Van Winkle 20 and 23 year family reserve. The 20 year now has a little of Buffalo Trace's finest, so only 23 year is pure. The pricing is absurd if it can even be found. I believe Distillery has re-opened as a museum only....ceased making product in the early 90]s so when its gone, its gone.

Scotch? Lots more available in 20- 30 year, but sure as heck no less expensive. Cuervo Gold and fine columbian? I think not. How 'bout Cuban cigar, Balvenie 30 year and a fine indica? Say yes.

Bubba

Last edited:
For years I drank brown whiskey. Crown Royal is good shit. But, my stomach wouldn't take the stuff so had to switch to vodka. By the way Smirnoff Isn't vodka.....puke.

Cannot do colored liqours. Can' t do wines or champagnes. Hate alcohol. Need the medication.

You talking about weed or pills as medication?
Pain pills are no better for you then some of the other stuff. Ive seen those God Damn pills ruin many ppls lives and health.

You talking about weed or pills as medication?
Pain pills are no better for you then some of the other stuff. Ive seen those God Damn pills ruin many ppls lives and health.
I'm talking about pharma. My PCP is open to the the idea of cannabis therapy, but is still hog-tied by archaic FL law.

Just stuffed a cone of OG Kush.

Smoking some Gabagoo i grew and drinking cold beer.

Who knew our livers would be so particular? If you put any old alcohol in front of me, I will decline. Has to be Titos, plain and simple.

For those who don't know this trick--Keep your vodka in the freezer. It won't freeze, but it will thicken. This gives you a smaller pour which is a good thing.

The desire to "quieten the mind" is obviously not new, and one method is thousands of years old, and still relevant.
Alternate nostril breathing is a form of yoga designed to decrease stress, and well worth making use of.
I think it is valuable to learn the connection between our moods and breathing, as it offers an amount of control not available to those who do not understand it.
I´ve just opened a bottle of vino tinto, the first in about three weeks. Previously it was two bottles per day, plus any beer.
It began to irritate my stomach, (after only twenty some years) so I´ve gone on to beer and white wine with food, but tonight I´m out of white wine and beer, and tasting red again. Can´t say I´m really enjoying it like I used to -- so I´m relying on the auto harvest to pacify my mood, and if that doesn´t suffice, it´ll be Delibe´s Flower Song Duet from Lakme on the ´tube.

Latest posts

Back