Slow & Yellow? 1st Grow Help.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
How tall are your plants now? 3-4 inches

How far from the lights are the tops of your plants? Is this a constant distance or have you changed it recently? About 18 Inches Now. Was Farther away because I thought it wa burning the leaves.

How old are they? Three Weeks Two Days

What strain are they?(4 White Widow - 4 Blueberry/Black Widow)

Did you start them from seed or clone? Seed

What type of containers are you using and what size are they in gallons?
PLASTIC BUCKETS 2 GALLONS. Holes Drilled In Bottom

Dirt? YES JUST PLAIN OLD GARDEN SOIL & PEAT MOSS

What mixture of dirt or type of dirt did you use?
1/3 Peat Moss - THe Rest Plain Garden Soul

Is it a type that has added nutrients like "Miracle Grow"?
NO

What mixture of perlite, vermiculite and other additives have you used if any? NONE - WONDERING IF THATS ONE OF THE PROBLEMS

Lights : HPS 24\7

Wattage? 400

Ballast - analog?

Is it remote or in your grow area?

What nutrients are you feeding your plants?
I Feed Them For The First Time Two Days Ago. A 13 - 6- 4 mix.. something close to that I cant find them at the moment.

Soil ferts? NONE

Do you use ventilation for your indoor grow?
YES - The Closet Doors Are Left Open.

Fan? YES TWO

Temperature? 75-85. START OFF VERY HOT FOR THE FIRST WEEK THOUGH (85-90).

Humidity? 21-20%

Is CO2 being introduced? NO

One Of The Plants Are Growing How I Thought It Would It A Pretty Decent Size. The 7 Others are pretty slow growing and I Dont understand Why. I've Had problem with yellow leaves. I was watering too much at first I guess (every other day). I stoped and let it go for a week and just watered again 3 days ago. They seemed to get better. I had a burnt looking leave so Ive been playing with the lights up and down. I got PH paper and tested the water. Its hard to tell with the paper but it looks like 7. Just regular tap water. Im getting a digital tester soon. Here are a few pics. Any ideas would be great. Need any more pics just let me know.

Setup Two.jpg

small.jpg

small 3.jpg

Good Plant.jpg

Setup.jpg

morning 'phoenix...."Peat" is pretty acidic. Your soil ph may be off. Some perlite for airiation and drainage would also have been beneficial.
1 tblsp of dolomite lime per gallon of medium, mixed in well, before you plant, will keep you ph in an acceptable range.

Did you go full strength with the nutes? It might have been a bit much, they look a little small still.

swantlaphoenix said:
Would it be bad to toss up the soil with some of that now?

You don't want to tear up roots while doing it... but if you can mix some in that would be great....

Latest posts

Back