Slowmo's Russian Rocket Fuel Grow

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

slowmo77

Are you lost
Reaction score
Well it's good to be back. I had to take some time off due to some personal issues but im back and ready to grow. I'm changing things up a bit from my last few grows. This time i'll be growing Auto's. Here's a little bit about my grow.

Strain- Russian Rocket Fuel

Soilless- Promix BX. Nothing added

Nutes- Fox Farm, Grow Big, Big Bloom and Tiger Bloom

Lights- Starting off with 2 42watt, 1 23watt Cfl's then after they've sprouted they'll go under a 400 watt HPS.

Grow area- 2Dx3Wx6H

As soon as they break ground i'll post a few pics. I just hope the server holds up. Wish me luck

thanks for stopping in. im worried i might ba a little rusty since i haven't grown anything in while. lets just hope it's like riding a bike, however i don't think i can do that anymore either.

RRFs are simple to grow. Basically throw and grow style.
Knock the rust off easy with them. I got a nice one going myself at the moment.
Good luck with them.

It is more addicting then riding a bike. Pot isn't but growing for me really is. Mel says any minute I am going to jack up my house and dig a grow room. Have fun.

Jump right in OHC, the more the merrier.

i checked on my babies this morning and out of the six i planted three have broken ground but still have their helmets on. If they don't fall off by tonight i'll be removing them by hand.

Meds that's my crate.--
(Kicks Meds off crate)

Haha I guess I can grab another one???

I'm down for the RRF!!

i just picked up a 400 watt HPS on ebay for $25 plus shipping total is under $50. the guy has over 100 of them forsale. the only thing is they're from a warehouse so i've gotta make a reflector or go buy one. still a good deal. if anyone's intrested let me know and i'll tell you where to find them on ebay

I took a few pictures of the little sprouts. i have a 4th thats about to finish breaking thru but it's a little slower than the others. not sure what happened to the others i planted no sign of them yet.

RRF 001.jpg

RRF 003.jpg

RRF 004.jpg

hello,is RRF auto? did that 400 watt hps come with a ballast?(what kind?) wired with plugs? i am interested,feel free and pm me,thx

yes RRF is an auto.

yes the 400 watt HPS comes with the ballast, dome reflector, socket and bulb. you have to wire it your self but i've done them before and it's not that hard to do. if anyone buy's one i'll explain how to wire them based on how i do mine.

Hey, slowmo, I grew RRFs last winter. I had posted a grow journal but it was lost back in the Great Crash of '10... Hamster Lewis has also grown them as well as a few others here.

Anyway, you're in for some good smoke. I wouldn't waste too much time with the CFLs - I'd go straight to the HPS as soon as the seedlings look like they can take it. Autos have such short grow cycles - 70 days as I recall for RRFs.

Good luck, I'm pulling up a stump, too.

Hello Slo :)

It looks like yellowing in pic 2.

Is it just the cotyledons?

:peace:

Latest posts

Back