slug/catepilar (NEED HELP BAD)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

davidfla

Reaction score
I read the thing below but idk if this is the same thing...My leaves are starting to get a little gray on the ends and there are burn holes and the bottom leaves that are only 1 leave are dieing...I found a little gray slug/catepilar that is probablyno longer than the length of ur pinky nail...I think this is whats killing my leaves....I sprayed it with this anti fungi/mites/whatever crap and its not really stoping it...What spray / powder can I get from Walmart/Home Depot/ Lowes?

Thanks!
Dav941

Well what do you know? I found the little critter in my trimmings eating my damn leaves... Got a pic of the pesk. Maybye now itll be easier to know what to do..

First you have to determine what they are.

Are they slimy and leave a slime trail?
If so, they're slugs, if not, you need something else.
A pic would be a great help.

Btw, you should look around a bit. Just 6 threads down from this one I replied to someone else who had a slug problem. If what you have are slugs, use the advice I gave in that thread.

That is either an eastern tent worm, a variable oak worm or a corn earworm, all of which are actually caterpillars, they are all over where I grew up in Tn. It looks more like the earworm but similar to all three. They will eat any kind of plant that they decide is tasty and your plants are probably nice and tender for them. Do you have the big, silk-looking tents in the larger trees in your area? The controls I read about all mentioned nasty chemicals that I don't know where to get or if you would want to use them.

No I dont use tents because It'd be too visible. Does anyone know how to solve this before my plants look like cheese.

davidfla said:
No I dont use tents because It'd be too visible. Does anyone know how to solve this before my plants look like cheese.
Whats up davidfla. Go to the sick plants and problems section. There is a thread called White Flies. There is a recipe for a organic insect repellent you can try.

Ingredients
1) 3 hot green peppers (canned or fresh) fresh works better
2) 2 or 3 cloves of garlic
3) 3/4 tsp liquid soap
4) 3 cups water

What kind of soap?

Dish soap.
I asked you if you have seen any tent worm tents in the trees around your area not if you use tents. I gave you three possibilities, one of them being a very probable match and a common outdoor pest in the south, did you go look up further information?

Latest posts

Back