Smach's 2022 Virginia outdoor grow

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Anytime you see a moth or butterfly it was a caterpillar and they eat a lot. if you ever see this it turns into this
iu

iu

Great Horned Tomato Worm.

Anytime you see a moth or butterfly it was a caterpillar and they eat a lot. if you ever see this it turns into this
iu

iu

Great Horned Tomato Worm.

the dreaded hummingbird moth , future cutworm

C76C87B2-4119-4970-B9A1-726F74D5354F.jpeg

Day 38

Starting FoxFarm trio. Today is Friday, and I did 1 tsp Grow Big / qt for each GSC and half tsp (because the plants and pots are smaller) of each of the three / qt for the autos. Thinking I'll start with once / week for the GSC and maybe every other watering for the autos. Ocean Forest soil and the trio are pretty forgiving. Last year I waited too long to start fertilizing and it took a while to recover. I'm also more cognizant of over-watering. The soil seems to hold moisture really well.

I've been spraying Bt frequently. New leaves emerge almost daily and the critters were eating them as they popped out / before I had a chance to spray.

Hot weather...95 degrees + for the next three days. Since there's still so much tender young vegetation I moved the plants so they're in the shade during the afternoons.

I think I'll top the GSC within a few days. Letting one more 5-leaf node grow out.

IMG_5472.jpg
IMG_5471.jpg

Day 40

They're growing really fast. Topped 'em today. Sure feels funny removing that beautiful new growth. I topped both GSC and one of the WW autos (the taller of the two. Figured I'd let the other one do what it wants to do and see the difference). They were a good 18-20 inches tall, and I cut above the 6th node / 5th 5-leaf node. I think I'll do another, or maybe two more cuts to see how bushy they'll get.

IMG_5479.jpg

Day 50

Cooking along. Last week was kinda rainy and cool. This week is the opposite.

I'm giving the big pots 1 tsp Grow Big and 1/2 tsp of calmag once a week and the small pots half that. Thinking I'll probably double that next week. Little buds coming out on one of the WW.

Happy to see the little guy / gal in the bottom picture. Bring all your friends and relatives~!

IMG_5521.jpg
IMG_5520.jpg
IMG_5519.jpg
IMG_5517.jpg
IMG_5516.jpg
IMG_5512.jpg

Day 50

I'm giving the big pots 1 tsp Grow Big and 1/2 tsp of calmag once a week and the small pots half that. Thinking I'll probably double that next week. Little buds coming out on one of the WW.

Happy to see the little guy / gal in the bottom picture. Bring all your friends and relatives~!

View attachment 298728View attachment 298729View attachment 298730View attachment 298731View attachment 298732View attachment 298733
Nice guard dog disguised as a praying mantis. Nice plants too.

Day 50

View attachment 298728View attachment 298729View attachment 298730View attachment 298731View attachment 298732View attachment 298733
I have some little assassin bugs that I let sty on my plants spraying around them with spinosad I love the praying mantis too. If hatched them for my veggie garden in past years Keeping a couple on my porch as pets.

Odd yellowing around the bud sites on one of the White Widows. Looks like any number of nutrient deficiencies. I'm doing FoxFarm trio every other watering. Any thoughts?

IMG_5530.jpg

Day 60.

IMG_5560.jpeg

What is this mishmash? I bought 5 girl scout cookie seeds and 5 white widow seeds. The plan was to plant the GSC in 10-gallon pots and the WW autos in 3-gallon. I don't know how I could have mixed up the seeds, but it looks like I did. But it looks like I actually have three different strains here.

So this is clearly a photoperiod girl scout cookie. Really healthy.
IMG_5564.jpeg

These next two are similar to each other so I'll call them white widows. They have little bud sites and look to be in great health. One plant topped and one just let it grow.

IMG_5561.jpeg
IMG_5562.jpeg

IMG_5568.jpeg

Then there's this odd-ball. In a 10-gallon pot, so I must have thought it was GSC. However, it's clearly auto-flower of some kind and is coming along nicely. Topped, but didn't grow much post-topping, unlike the other WW which has a couple of nice tall branches. Looks entirely different from the other plants. I'm thinking it was a rogue seed that fell into the GSC pile and got shipped to me.

IMG_5563.jpeg

IMG_5566.jpeg

Nice sugar coming along here.

IMG_5569.jpeg

This is the topped autoflower. It was topped at the same time as the one above, but has grown way taller post-topping.

IMG_5565.jpeg

Who knows what I'll end up with, but I reckon it'll all work just fine.

Attachments

• IMG_5567.jpg
    IMG_5567.jpg
    103.9 KB · Views: 0
Are you thinking they are autos because they are in flower? At least two of my four outdoor plants are in flower. One is actually stacking up pretty hard and acts like is fall already. Noticed that other folks plants are also in bloom in my area. Do you expect the ones in bloom that are not autos to finish up without revegging? I’m just asking as this is my first outdoor grow

Latest posts

Back