Smach's 2022 Virginia outdoor grow

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Are you thinking they are autos because they are in flower? At least two of my four outdoor plants are in flower. One is actually stacking up pretty hard and acts like is fall already. Noticed that other folks plants are also in bloom in my area. Do you expect the ones in bloom that are not autos to finish up without revegging? I’m just asking as this is my first outdoor grow
I bought them as feminized autos. I did only photos last year (my first ever grow) and didn't / don't know what to expect with these. They're so tiny! But they look like they're doing what they're supposed to do, even if they are different strains. 100 days from germination to harvest? Maybe. Getting ready to find out!

I would assume yours that are flowering now must be autos. Last year the last 14-hours-of-sun day in Virginia was August 4, and that's when you should start to see photoperiod plants go into flower. Anything before that seems like it must be auto. Wait...unless you started them inside 24/7 and moved them outside...just guessing here...we didn't hit 14 hours of sunlight until May 9, so if you moved seedlings outside going from 24/7 to, say, 12 hour days in April, could that trigger them to flower?

Most definitely. If you move them from 24/0 or even 18/6 to the outside they can sometimes think they are being flipped. I've done it more than once.

I bought them as feminized autos. I did only photos last year (my first ever grow) and didn't / don't know what to expect with these. They're so tiny! But they look like they're doing what they're supposed to do, even if they are different strains. 100 days from germination to harvest? Maybe. Getting ready to find out!

I would assume yours that are flowering now must be autos. Last year the last 14-hours-of-sun day in Virginia was August 4, and that's when you should start to see photoperiod plants go into flower. Anything before that seems like it must be auto. Wait...unless you started them inside 24/7 and moved them outside...just guessing here...we didn't hit 14 hours of sunlight until May 9, so if you moved seedlings outside going from 24/7 to, say, 12 hour days in April, could that trigger them to flower?
Mine are not auto. I did start them inside and they got quite large in my veg tent before I finally changed the lights to get them use to the real light cycle. Then for two weeks, I moved them in and out everyday from sunup to sundown so they could experience wind and real sunshine and shade. I finally moved them outside may 10th for good then transplanted them in 25 gallon pots. Two of them, dosidos new seeds this year have gone into flower one stacking up really nice. Maybe they sent me autos? Could be the seeds were a sombitch to pop and I got three plants from them that all look different. Perhaps they had a spill at the seed plant…

Mine are not auto. I did start them inside and they got quite large in my veg tent before I finally changed the lights to get them use to the real light cycle. Then for two weeks, I moved them in and out everyday from sunup to sundown so they could experience wind and real sunshine and shade. I finally moved them outside may 10th for good then transplanted them in 25 gallon pots. Two of them, dosidos new seeds this year have gone into flower one stacking up really nice. Maybe they sent me autos? Could be the seeds were a sombitch to pop and I got three plants from them that all look different. Perhaps they had a spill at the seed plant…
That spill at the seed plant feels mighty familiar. Last year my plants varied significantly from each other for the entire season even though they were supposed to be one strain. As long as the medicine's good!

Day 70

All good at the ranch. No white powdery mildew yet (jinx), and I was fighting it hard by this time last year (a little dogwood we planted up on the hill is covered in it right now). I have a little insect damage, so I gave 'em a spinosad shower. Removing yellow fan leaves to humor myself. Giving cal-mag 1 tsp / gal every watering, and Foxfarm trio every other watering. The plants are really sucking up water.

Two autos stacking nicely.
IMG_5595.jpg
IMG_5592.jpg

One Girl Scout Cookie putting on foliage like me eating Caramel deLites.
IMG_5593.jpg

And the mystery runt loading up.
IMG_5594.jpg

That spill at the seed plant feels mighty familiar. Last year my plants varied significantly from each other for the entire season even though they were supposed to be one strain. As long as the medicine's good!
Even stabilized strains have different phenotypes(and ‘stabilized’ depends on responsible breeders actually being responsible). Genetics is a roll of the dice(many, many dice). If you find a phenotype you like, clone it if you want more plants exactly like that plant(and the end product will still depend on your environment being well controlled).

Even stabilized strains have different phenotypes(and ‘stabilized’ depends on responsible breeders actually being responsible). Genetics is a roll of the dice(many, many dice). If you find a phenotype you like, clone it if you want more plants exactly like that plant(and the end product will still depend on your environment being well controlled).
Good perspective, old fogey - makes good sense.

Day 77

Is this a male? Sposed to be white widow autoflower feminized, and I never saw anything suspicious in the crotches, but these flowers have what look to me like seeds all over them. The plant has always been...different. Thoughts?

IMG_5639.jpg
IMG_5638.jpg

Day 70

All good at the ranch. No white powdery mildew yet (jinx), and I was fighting it hard by this time last year (a little dogwood we planted up on the hill is covered in it right now). I have a little insect damage, so I gave 'em a spinosad shower. Removing yellow fan leaves to humor myself. Giving cal-mag 1 tsp / gal every watering, and Foxfarm trio every other watering. The plants are really sucking up water.

Two autos stacking nicely.
View attachment 300982View attachment 300983

One Girl Scout Cookie putting on foliage like me eating Caramel deLites.
View attachment 300984

And the mystery runt loading up.
View attachment 300985

outstanding!

Leafhoppers. Little outbreak on the photo Girl Scout Cookie. Will give them a dose of spinosad this evening. BTW, I just found out that spinosad once mixed with water only lasts for 24 hours. So...a fresh batch for each application is the call.

IMG_5643.jpg

Nice journey and a fun read thru.. things are progressing pretty good man..

and don't feel bad, I had a partner chop down some beautiful plants he thought went hermie after
seeing a build up of Calyx/bracts dem round thangs that are all fuzzy.... muewahahaha... cut the plants
down and garbage they went.. was not happy.. not all plants do this, kush is really bad..
Me, I love it..

Doing great man... keep it up for that nice harvest

Latest posts

Back