small flowers

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

buckmaster

Reaction score
i use a bubble ponics system. grows very well in the vegetative state. but when the light is turned down and flowering begins, the flowers are small compared to what ive seen. maybe 1/4 ounce per plant. plants are 24 - 30 inches tall. because the vegetative growth is so well i don't think anything's wrong with the water ph. plants look real healthy. lights are on for 11 hours. using flowering flourescent bulbs. and the best seeds money can buy. so what are some suggestions? this has been going on for 5 years now.

woaaaaaah slow down. we need a lot more info buddy.

how many watts of what exact type of light, in what size of space, and what is your pH and ppm...to start.

Answer those first then we might be able to help.

:)

buckmaster said:
i use a bubble ponics system. grows very well in the vegetative state. but when the light is turned down and flowering begins, the flowers are small compared to what ive seen. maybe 1/4 ounce per plant. plants are 24 - 30 inches tall. because the vegetative growth is so well i don't think anything's wrong with the water ph. plants look real healthy. lights are on for 11 hours. using flowering flourescent bulbs. and the best seeds money can buy. so what are some suggestions? this has been going on for 5 years now.

"using flowering flourescent bulbs". That, for sure, is a big reason why you aren't seeing better results. I would invest in a HPS light. How big is your grow area?

EDIT: And welcome to the forum!!!!!!!!!!!

-SSF-

And what is light turned down?

Just post pics.

Im gonna go ahead and say your problem is lighting. Flowering using cfl's is worthless.

lol, log on, post once, log off, what the heck i replied 6 minutes too slow :(

:rofl:

OGKushman said:
lol, log on, post once, log off, what the heck i replied 6 minutes too slow :(

:rofl:

Yea some people just don't understand the difference between "chat room" and "forum"

-SSF-

i think he saw a photo of a real grow and noticed there was a big bright orange looking thing and a white ducted thing...so he started on google?

;)

Like mentioned, we need far more info, but from your opening post, I am going to venture that you are probably underlit and under ventilated. You are also running your flowering lights 11/13 instead of 12/12--Clarke showed that 10/14 light instead of 12/12 can cut yield by 50%. I also think that 24-30" plants are too tall for fluoros, which do not penetrate well.

Latest posts

Back