Small h.i.d users! 150w-300w!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Canna-Bliss

I'm not high, I'm normal
Reaction score
Looked quite a bit through this forum, very few people have a smaller setup. Kinda want to see if im not the only one! Any body growing with less than 400 watts? I know lots of people use the cfl's in tight quarters, but hids beast on them. So who's doing it? Feel like a loaner on this forum.

I have a little homemade dual 150W setup that I still use off and on when my other lights are being used elsewhere. I did a great little scrog with the 300Ws. We used to be able to get 150W HPS security lights for some unreal price--something like $25-30 and a lot of people turned them into small grow lights.

I also think that small HPS are far superior over CFLs for small spaces and they can actually take up about the same headroom as CFLs, but be a lot easier to cool because you can put them into glass tubes. Sorry you are the lone stranger here. I too would love to see those using CFLs because they have a small grow check out smaller HPS.

Certainly going back a few years, but before Sunlight Supply there was another company called Diamond lights. They used to have a little shop in I wanna say Berkley or Oakland area. Was right next door to the Vivarium.

150's and 250's were the in thing and 600's were not even invented yet, nor were T5's.
:confused2:

I remember buying my fist 150 and 250 and thinking I am going to set the world on fire.

The cool thing as the tech in grow light fixtres has been improved, we can now use that same 300 watts and get the usage of 600 watt HID light in a LED fixture.

I am sure you will do just fine. Only thing that should be sacrificed with a smaller fixture is quantity.

Best of luck!

The cool thing as the tech in grow light fixtres has been improved, we can now use that same 300 watts and get the usage of 600 watt HID light in a LED fixture.
PJ your LED tests hold invaluable info. so is it safe to say that a 300w LED ACTUAL DRAW, can cover 3x4 flowering area and yield the same as would a 600w? I will definitely get me a proper LED setup just when i find myself 100% sure of what i'm doing

Latest posts

Back