small white bugs

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

OregonGrownBud

Connoisseur
Reaction score
So 2 days ago i noticed some bugs crawling around on my soil and container but not many on the plant its self. they are very small like a spider mite but ive dealt with spider mites before and from what i can tell they are not a spider mite. Theres no webbing, Theres no plant damage. and when i look at them under a magnifying glass i dont see any black spots on them nor are they red. unfortunately i do not have a good enough camera to take a picture of these guys.

Has anyone had these before? if so are they a threat?

Also they like to gather up on the edge of my container.

PuffinNugs said:
white flies? google images of them if you not sure.

i googled the images and its not white flies.

But i did come accross predator mites and it looks to be a match. is this possible without actualy havng spider mites for them to feed on?

Well im new to all this. and im not 100% sure i know what it is.
But my last grow i got spider mites and had to battle them. so i know what they look like and what the plant damage looks like.

But right now i dont see ANY plant damage. and the bugs dont look like a spider mite. besides size..

I looked a white thrip with black beady eyes in the eye with my loupe this week. You would see tiny black specs of **** on the underside of the leaf. And a water mark like look on the margins of the tops of the leaves. I am hoping for beneficials for you. And welcome by the way I am your neighbor in Washington.

Rosebud said:
I looked a white thrip with black beady eyes in the eye with my loupe this week. You would see tiny black specs of **** on the underside of the leaf. And a water mark like look on the margins of the tops of the leaves. I am hoping for beneficials for you. And welcome by the way I am your neighbor in Washington.

Sounds like a scary sight.
And i do not have any black specs or anything on the top of the leafs.

And thanks for the welcome! :48: Glad to be part of the community.

Latest posts

Back