Smart pot vs Air pots

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hamster Lewis said:
I guess I am out of the loop...never heard of Skywalker OG.:) Guess I need to go over to Cannetics and she what is shaking.;)

A guy offered me a Lemon Larry OG from a Tacoma Dispensary, Told me he had skywalker too, guess I'm headed for Tacoma, I went by the local horticulture shop here and they wanted $4.95 for a 3 gallon SP, I thought that was a little steep, and passed, I'll be going to town soon.

Hey DOS- How ya been? Good post. I gotta say though I still find the air pots to be a lot tougher to water. Much tougher that the smart pots. Do you keep yours in a pan or something? Do they suck up the run-off the way the smart pots do?

You could just cut the smart pots down to size if they're too big.
-walmart/kroger 'eco bags' are 50c-1$ea

BBFan said:
Hey DOS- How ya been? Good post. I gotta say though I still find the air pots to be a lot tougher to water. Much tougher that the smart pots. Do you keep yours in a pan or something? Do they suck up the run-off the way the smart pots do?

Good to see all of you too.... I hope all is well with everyone~!:ciao:

All's well... more of the same, can't complain.:joint:

I find they are tougher to water bro. I water about a day sooner than I used to with SmartPots and I go very very slow. I usually give them 8 oz of nutes each and if surface tension is preventing it from soaking in I leave and come back 5 min later and repeat until they readily take in the liquid. I then keep watering slowly around all of my pots until I see a tad of runoff and I lift the pots slightly to check on how well each is fed. They definitely don't wick up moisture on their own like the cloth Smart Pots do. The soil surface is an inch or so elevated so runoff will sit in your pots if you leave it. I use a shop wetvac to suck up excess but it's definitely something to consider. I'm thinking about using bottom feeding by putting a 'wick' in my pots when I transplant that will go down through the bottom 'grate' and rest in my run off saucers so that excess moisture would get wicked up...:hubba:

Happy Halloween Peeps~!:holysheep:

hey ya DOS how ya been doin? yeah im also torn between the 2 styles of pots as both have pros & cons. ive only used 5g airpots so i just water centers of the pot. i slam em w/ a 1/4gal then off to the next, by the time i get back to 1st plant its ready for another. ive never reall y had much probs w/ spurting out the sides. im ramblin lol

id be interested in the wick approach, lemme know how that works out. what nutes you runnin?

I will be sticking with the cloth SP's.....at this point I hve watering them down to a science. I can water/feed a tent with 9 ladies in it in 10 minutes or less most times. It took a while to get the feel for how they water but once you do and you get a routine it's not bad in my opinion. The pluses outweigh the negatives for me by a wide margin.

Latest posts

Back