Smell

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

New2theGame

Reaction score
I have never been around a marijuana plant in my life. I do not know what to expect. I have no way of venting outside due to the placement of my grow closet. I am planning on growing 4 plants at a time. Is my house going to smell like a sticky nug? Should I look into getting a carbon filter or is that excessive for a 4 plant grow? Thanks.

You will need a carbon filter or similar:aok:

For 1 or a 100.

thank you. would you mind pointing me in the direction of one suitable for a 3x3x6 tent?

This is a 4" opening model

They have many sizes

Not sure where you are but this is where I purchase most of my supplies

hMPp://www.plantlightinghydroponics.com/phresh%C3%82%C2%AE-filter-4in-12in-virgin-carbon-p-3421.html

Besure to change the MP to tt

After you pull your air through the filter if you have an attic you can push your exhaust from the closet into your attic. Thats what I'm doing, my air flow is going to be left to right (Filter> AC Light Hood> ducting> fan> exhaust ducting) and to cut down on noise in having my fan in the attic .

Just be careful venting hot possibly moist air into an attic...you don't need mold problems. jmo

:yeahthat: make sure your attic is treated for it(I live in the tropics so most roofs are treated for mold/mildew) or an idea could be run the exhaust ducting up to the roof and through the top of your roof and add vent cap on the top of your roof (some people have them for their clothes driers)

The Silver Bullet Special said:
:yeahthat: make sure your attic is treated for it(I live in the tropics so most roofs are treated for mold/mildew) or an idea could be run the exhaust ducting up to the roof and through the top of your roof and add vent cap on the top of your roof (some people have them for their clothes driers)

Yeah if I was gonna go that route I wld just tie into the vent in my attic for the dryer which runs to the roof. It wld depend on each individuals living arangement.

Hamster Lewis said:
Just be careful venting hot possibly moist air into an attic...you don't need mold problems. jmo

being an amatuer mycologist, trust me when I say mold is the enemy and this came to mind instantly lol. Thanks everyone for your input this community rocks!

I found a way to tie it in with my dryer. pro. thanks AGAIN!

Latest posts

Back