Smelly plants

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

joegrow22

Reaction score
Hey guys,
Has anyone ever noticed that if you spray your babes with water, they start smelling like ****? Everytime i spray my plants to give them some moisture ( i have real low humidity), They give off this shitty, pungent smelling order. Any one know what the hell this is or have noticed this?

Hey I just heard someone say that they thought the same thing...they thought it may actualy be the "dirt" that smells and not the plant. He said (in the forum) that he believes when the dirt gets wet just a little on the top (he bottom waters) that he smells a musty dog kinda smell...?? I saw your post and wanted to share what he said. Dont know if it helps or not..

Hmm, i don't know maybe. I had just watered my soil, and then i misted it about 20 minutes later. But it didn't smell when i watered my soil, so i don't know if it was soil or not. And it doesn't usually smell when i do water. But thats wierd, i wonder what is causing that. Someone else try misting their plants, then smell them. see what happens...

Well, my plants are big n bushy now and they stink!

becuase of the filter on the forum, what exactly did it smell of? are you saying it smells of doo doo?

My plants are in a hydro system, vegetative right now, and they make the room smell really greeny. thats about it, i like the smell in fact ;)

Mine are vegging, and when I turn my humidifier on, my plants really start to stink too. Mine smell more like coffee beans. And I like it!

Yeah ours smell more like a cross between skunk and general greenhouse lol..

its quite nice, quite a sticky nug smell! week 4 veg

I foliar feed at least twice a week. Try adding a VERY weak nutrient solution (1/8 to 1/4 strength) added to your misting, might make aroma a little better.

Could just be the strain, I have grown plants before that smelled more in veg than in flower.

When I walk into my room and smell the sweet aroma of natural jungle habitat. Smelling the earthy combined with the fragrance of green tastey plants. I love the smell of my plants. Why your plants smell like crap, thats a good question.

Latest posts

Back