Smokin Moms attempt

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
soft sheets tucked into the foot of the bed.......nothing gets better than thatn......well maybe untucking them.

Someone better be doing this again this year LOL, wow nice plants.

Hey Mom..Nice Grow..I have not read it all but have gone half way threw..you realy did have a great first and only grow..Congrats on the stash..and im sure you will be talking Hubby into another one ..maybe Summer 2009..lol. anyway just wanted you to know I have been enjoying the read..Have a great Thanks Giveing

Very nice job Mom. Did the 2 beauties you grew last year last till these were finished :giggle: :giggle: :aok: :aok:

Thanks guys. I am definately working on the hubby. Not very convincing tho. :(

Atleast not yet. Desperate times call for desperate measures. :hubba:

And so much for this lasting 5 yrs. I've been generous with friends, and my consumption is up. :p

I'll take a pic of whats left on Tuesday. Stay tuned. LMAO.

SmokinMom said:
The next day I went to Walmart and purchased a 50 gallon Sterilite bin. The deminsions are about 31 inches across, 17 inches from front to back and about 28 inches tall. I am not a great measurer, but that's the best I could come up with. Those are actually from the inside of the container.

I spray-painted the inside with a white satin paint. Then I hung the lights with some twine. I can easily adjust this as the plants grow. Right now they look so tiny in there! My husband cut a hole for ventilation and we attached a PVC elbow thingy on the outside with duct tape. I stuck a 10 inch fan on the opposite side until I could get the computer fans.

The plants are so tiny! My box kind of glows so I cover it with a heavy drape. Works like a charm, but is this dangerous to the plant? I plan on using black spray paint on the outside this Thurs.

This set up is super stealth! I really like it, I'm working on my microgrow set up right now and I might take a few ideas from this...

GOOD STUFF!

Your plants are looking great btw...
:aok:

SmokinMom said:
Thanks guys. I am definately working on the hubby. Not very convincing tho. :(

Atleast not yet. Desperate times call for desperate measures. :hubba:

And so much for this lasting 5 yrs. I've been generous with friends, and my consumption is up. :p

I'll take a pic of whats left on Tuesday. Stay tuned. LMAO.

How much did you yield in total?(Sorry haven't read the whole thread only a few pages)

mrs. st00ner said:
This set up is super stealth! I really like it, I'm working on my microgrow set up right now and I might take a few ideas from this...

GOOD STUFF!

Your plants are looking great btw...
:aok:

Thanks. I have to say that this was from last year. ;) And the indoor set up wasn't worth a darn. I think if I spent a little more time on it it may have been more successful. One night it got super hot in there and fried my girl. I was so sad. But then I focused on the outdoor spares and had success. :D

Passanger I think it was like 17 1/2 oz. A little over a pound.

Damn- I can't believe I just saw this thread. And 18 oz! Holy crap. You took some sweet pictures of the bud too. I hope I can grow something like this one day. When did you end up smoking it all?

GrowinGreen said:
Damn- I can't believe I just saw this thread. And 18 oz! Holy crap. You took some sweet pictures of the bud too. I hope I can grow something like this one day. When did you end up smoking it all?

I still have a little left, 2 years later.

:giggle:

:rolleyes: Yea I know.

:p

Thanks for the link to this SM...it was a great read and you did a great job...it's always wise to hve a back up plan....:)
If you had not kept those plants outside around you wld never hve known that your true talents are as an outdoor grower....:D

Hopefully you will convince hubby to let you grow again soon...

hey Mom.. thought hubby said no more grows.. lol Good job..

OliieTea said:
hey Mom.. thought hubby said no more grows.. lol Good job..

Haha, this is the 2007 Oliie...:p

But maybe next year, who knows.

SmokinMom said:
Haha, this is the 2007 Oliie...:p

But maybe next year, who knows.

Oh yeah and your avatar is doing that thing again....:p

So SmokinMom.....
I realize we live in similar climates with brutal hot summers... How did you do with the odor and the heat and the stealthiness in a suburban neighborhood? Any close calls? Would you do it again? I can see how it would be tempting to do it big and then put it up for the winter.... but I'm still nervous about an outdoor grow. Any problems with utility employees? I guess a lock on the gate would at least give you time to work out a plan.... hmmmmm
OHC

Hey ohc...never thought I'd see this bumped again..lol.

There was a bit of odor from the big one. The neighbors that live on the other side of the fence park out front and never on their driveway. :p I did get a little nervous on trash collection days, but I don't think the odor was strong enough to really get past the fence. The smaller one did have a strong odor but was far enough away from the fence to worry about.

Our ac had issues and I had to have a repair man out. I was so nervous as the unit is in the backyard. I quickly covered the plants up with poncho liners..lol. The repairman walked right next to the smaller plant and gave it a strange look and kept on going.

That summer wasn't as hot as usual and for some reason we got tons of rain, quite different then the dry, hot summers we usually have. My plants fared just fine. My biggest concern was when I went out of town for 8 days. Luckily it rained 5 out of those 8 days. :D

I think by pulling the plants as close to the crepe mertyls helped a lot in making them a lot less noticible.

Latest posts

Back