SnowWhite Generation 5

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
andy52 said:
hey puffin,sure would love to see tha ladies again.i know i'm getting off subject,but puffin,could you tell me a good place to rent a cabin in the UP.i have been in mi. for almost 3 yrs and never been to the UP.i hear great stories about the beauty up there and would love to see some of it.thanks

Howdy Andy :ciao:

Here is a place almost in my backyard, you cant get closer than this

hxxp://www.atthelodge.com/lodge.php

and here is a slide show of the same area

hxxp://outdoors.webshots.com/photo/1051759601011998285WnJhIt

click on view slideshow button below 1st pic

and this guy rents cabins, has a very good reputation

hxxp://www.exploringthenorth.com/cabinaubord/dulac.html

:aok:

Puffin Afatty said:
I dont think topping is always needed, especially with careful LSTing, but sometimes a little careful sculpturing can increase the canopy, a reveg will grow alot of new growth sometimes, I noticed with ICE types particularly you need to trim alot in reveg to keep the new growth under control, or you end UP with a million branches packed very tightly together ;)

Just harvesting the 1st time is going to create 2x-3x the canopy:cool:

Thanks Puffin. Did you top your snow white before you began revegitating? How has deer season been? Are you guys getting any snow up there yet?

I didnt top SnowWhite at all, just harvested and bent Her over, tied Her down ;) trimmed after harvest and during reveg :farm:
Deer season is going great, everyone got at least a fatter-than-average-year doe, and a couple nice bucks have been taken. I took a pretty nice 8 point yesterday evening :aok:
Yes, we've had a couple snow squalls, nothing to stick long

Howdy SnowWhite Fans :ciao:

:watchplant: I decided, after looking at the trichs, [50-60 percent amber] to HARVEST this morning and with the OldLady off on Her jaunt-about till thanksgiving, I also excercised My option to dry in the living room, right in front of tv and fireplace :woohoo:

I weighed the whole yield wet, just under 6 pounds by a pinch, and MINI-SHE was just under 6 ounces by HER lonesome , I should end up with about 1.5-2 pounds DRY when I put em in the jars monday evening and into the refrigerator for the cure :hubba:

:farm: I've trimmed SnowWhite down to just one main branch and left just enuf to regrow for the cloning, then on the 19th of November, I'll take 6 clones, put em into rockwool cubes, stick em in the hygroton to root until early december. Once rooted, I will take the flood/drain portion of the grow down and start anew with a DWC set-UP, using the same res, with a lid, airstones, heater and netpots holding the 6 SnowWhite clones.

I'll probably do a couple regens with the clones, just to get an idea of the potential :aok:

dang puffin,thats alot of sweet smoke there,especially for one lady and her daughter.
i appreciate the links to the beautiful areas up there.seems everyone around me goes hunting up there somewhere.when i 1st moved here,it was just starting gun season for deer.i was sitting on the back deck and killed 2 does and a yearling the 1st 4 days of the season.then i was informed that i was not suppossed to be using a rifle here.oops glad i did not get caught.hehi have yet to do any fishing here yet.i do not really know why.i just hate the idea of going to Ms. to haul my boat here.lazy i guess.but the walleye ate the best tasting fish i ever tasted in my life.sportsmans paradise here,for sure.
thanks for the informative grow and hope to attain that kind of success one day.

congrats puffin that is fantastic. I will be trying dwc next year. I am going to do these coco buckets for a while and see how I like them. So far I do think that the coco buckets are better than FF Ocean Forest which I am use to growing in. Can't wait to see some pics of that sexy lady ;)

I hope to get a camera to take a couple pics soon, the OldLady should be back the wednesday before thanksgiving, and My camera with Her :aok:

Harvest is nicely dry, and safely in the jars to cure in the fridge ;) I weighed it at just under 2 pounds after I took all the buds off the stems, much more green this time, the cure will do them well :woohoo:
drying in this 35 percent rh is great :aok:

Puffin Afatty said:
Harvest is nicely dry, and safely in the jars to cure in the fridge ;) I weighed it at just under 2 pounds after I took all the buds off the stems, much more green this time, the cure will do them well :woohoo:
drying in this 35 percent rh is great :aok:

That is just insane LOL ;) Did you guys get that wicked snow storm the other day? How was your birthday bbq and festivities?

pretty good yield for SnowWhite and even MIMI-SHE did as expected :woohoo:

We got a couple inches of snow sunday that still lingers on the ground, we get a light coating almost daily when the cold air crosses the lake and in a week or so the ground will be covered in white for 6 months :aok:

I think our time is coming here for the white stuff as well. I saw a young buck chasing does yesterday so hopefully the rut is falling right around opening day which is this Saturday ;) Last year we had a lot of snow on the ground for deer season, its coming.

Yes, the rut is on here too, I saw a nice 10 point buck, a good 5-6 yrs old, making a scrape in my backyard at 14:45 yesterday, he'll make a good trophy next year I'd guess :aok:

Puffin Afatty said:
Yes, the rut is on here too, I saw a nice 10 point buck, a good 5-6 yrs old, making a scrape in my backyard at 14:45 yesterday, he'll make a good trophy next year I'd guess :aok:

:eek: Yoooowwwwzzaaaaa!!! Around here guys go off the road and hit trees when they see something like that!!! I would like to see our state push a size limit for bucks; many people hate the idea but it really would help out tremendously. Most of our yearlings and 2 year olds end up in the meat locker, it doesn't leave alot of room for good bucks.

I only hope it lasts thru the next harvest :bong:
yes, the UP is very nice, but then the Rockies, or even the Black Hills have a certain charm too eh ;)

the harvest is great, still curing, but at 1 week it's already very nice smoke:woohoo:

Notice I wrote regen 7 ;)

I am only going to regen until I sucessfully clone for the dwc, but saying regen 6 wouldnt be accurate:rolleyes:

:farm: MINI-SHE is gone, I only revegged SnowWhite to get those clones and only the right side at that...the regrowth is outstanding, almost a shame to cut Her down, but I'll keep Her until the roots shoot thru the rockwool at least [She would make a fantastic mother to take clones from, but then I'd have to build another mother box/room] if I was using 1000w, I'd just divide the room in 2 ;)

:watchplant: I'll be taking clones on the basis of the moon calendar and it says the 19th is the day...I'm soaking some rockwool cubes in 5.0 ph/400ppm nutes to stabilize for the clones wednesday and I'll be putting them right into the left side of the current set-UP until they root [I just dig a little hole and put the clones into the hygroton] they'll get nutes/lights on the same schedule as SW, 45 off-15 on/24hours of light, when they root, I'll put the rockwool into a net pot, fill with hygroton and pop into the holes in the lid of the res, the net pots will just touch the top of the nutes and the roots will grow down to fill the res in no time at all...for the 1st few days to maybe a week, I'll probably feed em a little from the top to insure they dont dry before the roots dip enuf into the res...
Hopefully, I'll have my camera tomorrow, Sister-In-Law is coming home for a meeting and I'm going to ambush Her to get it then :rolleyes:

Puffin Afatty said:

the harvest is great, still curing, but at 1 week it's already very nice smoke:woohoo:

Notice I wrote regen 7 ;)

I am only going to regen until I sucessfully clone for the dwc, but saying regen 6 wouldnt be accurate:rolleyes:

:farm: MINI-SHE is gone, I only revegged SnowWhite to get those clones and only the right side at that...the regrowth is outstanding, almost a shame to cut Her down, but I'll keep Her until the roots shoot thru the rockwool at least [She would make a fantastic mother to take clones from, but then I'd have to build another mother box/room] if I was using 1000w, I'd just divide the room in 2 ;)

:watchplant: I'll be taking clones on the basis of the moon calendar and it says the 19th is the day...I'm soaking some rockwool cubes in 5.0 ph/400ppm nutes to stabilize for the clones wednesday and I'll be putting them right into the left side of the current set-UP until they root [I just dig a little hole and put the clones into the hygroton] they'll get nutes/lights on the same schedule as SW, 45 off-15 on/24hours of light, when they root, I'll put the rockwool into a net pot, fill with hygroton and pop into the holes in the lid of the res, the net pots will just touch the top of the nutes and the roots will grow down to fill the res in no time at all...for the 1st few days to maybe a week, I'll probably feed em a little from the top to insure they dont dry before the roots dip enuf into the res...
Hopefully, I'll have my camera tomorrow, Sister-In-Law is coming home for a meeting and I'm going to ambush Her to get it then :rolleyes:

Yabbba Dabba Dooooo!!!! ;) Where do you get your information on moon cycles Puffin, I am very interested.

Also, I got a 7 point yesterday!!! First buck ever, very happy!!

very nice my friend.i'll be up in a few days to help you analyze the smoke,lol just picking.i bet you got some heavy snow out of this front.we just got a dusting here in mid mi. sure gotta get up that way soon.

Latest posts

Back