so he sais....

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TURKEYNECK

Old School
Reaction score
a friend told me I need a 1000 watt HPS for flowering..is this true or can I use my 400 watt MH all the way through?..I know they make small HPS bulbs available at lowes and Wal-Mart.. would a couple of those help?

TURKEYNECK said:
a friend told me I need a 1000 watt HPS for flowering..is this true or can I use my 400 watt MH all the way through?..I know they make small HPS bulbs available at lowes and Wal-Mart.. would a couple of those help?
Man, you're looking at it from the wrong angle. It's a matter of how many lumens of what kind of light your grow needs during flowering. MH bulbs will produce buds with the proper application of light/dark cycles.

HPS bulbs will produce larger buds and more resin because of the type of light and the quantity of that light.

Tell us the amount of area you want to light for growth and we'll tell you what you need to do it with for max production.

4' wide 4' tall and 26 1/2" deep.

boxgif.gif

A 1K would roast that space turkey. Your 400 is fine. There are "conversion" bulbs available, that provide more of the 'red' spectrum similar to HPS, but personally never witnessed any exceptional improved results with one. Unless you have a "switchable" ballast, the HPS bulbs won't work with your MH ballast.

my ballast is for MH only..I need a light sqedual chart or something..a "standard" for plants at different stages..is such a chart available? Thanks for the help brotha'

use my 400 watt MH all the way through
my ballast is for HP only.
..so which is it?..;)
regardless, either or will take you through the entire cycle. No "Standard" charts that I know of. Most common cycles are 24/0 or 18/6 dureing veg and a stricked 12/12 for flowering.

oops I meant MH...I need to read through the MP grow guide 2 or 3 times to really understand..

Latest posts

Back