So I have had mites and powder mildew now I got.....

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

000StankDank000

Reaction score
Bugs walking around my soil. They are white bugs. After I dumped my tray so I transplanted into bigger pots from a fresh bale of pro mix. I don't reuse my soil cause I don't want bugs. I have also noticed it grows like a green mold on top of this batch of pro mix. STANK CANT WIN!

What do you think the green mold is?
How do I get rid of bugs in my soil MP?

Sure has been a learning experience

soil aphids? Root aphids? for bugs, have no idea what he green mold is.. we need a picture Stank.

Bugs walking around my soil. They are white bugs. After I dumped my tray so I transplanted into bigger pots from a fresh bale of pro mix. I don't reuse my soil cause I don't want bugs. I have also noticed it grows like a green mold on top of this batch of pro mix. STANK CANT WIN!

What do you think the green mold is?
How do I get rid of bugs in my soil MP?

Sure has been a learning experience

Wow stank, are you running a clean operation? Not being critical :) you just seems to be having rough luck lately. I agree with rose, probably aphids or soil mites...the green crap on your pro-mix just makes me want to tell you to throw it out....other than that it would be great if you could get a pic or two, might be more helpful if we could see it. Hope you find some solutions fast....tired of seeing you have troubles.

Its prob soil fungus or soil algae. Pointing a fan at your soil and letting it dry out alot should get rid of both problems.

^^ Indeed. It's more than likely algae. Generally harmless, but if you get too much it will really start eating up your nutes instead of your plant. Also attracts bugs (obviously)

Good luck with treatment Stank. :aok:

Not again Stank, (shaking head in disbelief).

Stank, this is why we don't think youtube is all that for really growing.. I kinda want to be a nasty lady and say, check with you tube.... but that would be small of me and sarcastic. lol.

You have got to have really good air circulation in there and CLEAN grow space... Some poeple even go so far as changing their clothes before going in the grow room. I don't. The environment is crucial. You need to get that dialed in and clean.

Come on Rose I always double check your advise with YouTube to make sure it's good advice ;).
The bugs the first time came from me being an idiot and thinking a dispensery would sell me spider mites . The PM I believe was on the mother and it being rammed into a tent even with air changes fans still had and out break.

These new bugs in the soil either came from the worm casting bag or promix bale. As soon as I did the transplanting I seen them borrowing threw the soil.
I totally agree and understand it should be sterile and super clean. The Tent and all equipment will be supper cleaned etc after this run. I will be spraying for bugs again after I have no blooming plants.

Will ladybugs eat soil bugs? I know they like soft shell bugs like mites.

Funny guy Stank, how do i stack up to youtube?

So, no lady bugs won't eat soil bugs. I have some SNS that says it will treat soilbugs.... do you have any? https://www.sierranaturalscience.com/natural-pesticides/sns-203/ They have a free sample pack on there, see if that applys to canada..that would be good. Then when you re do your room get some sticky traps, blue ones and keep that hung around your plants so you will know sooner if you have thrips or something else crawly.

Sounds like someone needs to look into better circulation. Get a fan under that canopy to keep air moving.

While algae itself is not a problem, it probably signifies that you are either keeping your medium too wet, you do not have good drainage, or you do not have enough air movement or a combination of these things.

Sorry you are having all these problems, but this growing cannabis can be difficult and there are, unfortunately, a lot of things that can trip you up. Green Mojo for your plants!

snipped respectfully... Some poeple even go so far as changing their clothes before going in the grow room..

Definitely important coming in from the great outdoors.. at one point I was putting on coveralls but that got too tedious, I just get out of my street clothes and no outdoor footwear!
Put filters on any air inputs from outside as well.
For the soil, stir the surface often, I use a clean brush and just move it around the surface.
You can also cut that panda paper into circles to cover your pots, cut a slit and center hole for the stem, white side up.

+1 for sticky traps for early warning of bugs, especially after you've already had a few outbreaks. They're cheap and effective for diagnosing many bug situations. I used to use them in my last operation and now that I'm reminded I'm ordering some myself.

I like to keep them on hand. i need to order some too, thanks emrld.

I like to use mosquito dunks crushed up and sprinkled on the soil and then water it in. Its organic and very effective for soil bugs.

Stank I tried using mousetrap glue on yellow duct tape next to it a sticky trap. they both suck equally, in comparison to that line of glue that dripped on the white wall and which changed color to black by being literally covered with gnats! this stuff is messy and i never use sticky stuff in my grows. my system just doesn't attract bugs. but if you want to get sticky, you might wana try it ;)

While algae itself is not a problem, it probably signifies that you are either keeping your medium too wet, you do not have good drainage, or you do not have enough air movement or a combination of these things.

Sorry you are having all these problems, but this growing cannabis can be difficult and there are, unfortunately, a lot of things that can trip you up. Green Mojo for your plants!

:yeahthat:

I gotta go with THG here. Everything I've read here and in other threads just points to a too wet medium first and foremost and a nod to the air movement. (We need a hand rocking smiley)

Haven't used the term in some time, but used to call it loving the plant to death.

DD

Latest posts

Back