so it begins.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

IBGrowin

Reaction score
well ive read almost every grow journal on here to get as much information as i can and with the help of many people from the site i have begun my first serious grow. It all started in my science class with a group project where i decided to throw a seed into some soil in an empty two liter bottle. amazingly enough 2 week later my plant was 6 inches tall and healthy, but it eventually died. i knew i had to try again. so ive been doing hours of research baugh some lights and have set up a small growing area in my attic... currently i have 2 seeds germinating , 1 successful so far and 1 seed planted directly into soil under 2 42-watt cfl's. along with these are a 150 agricultural plant growing light(runs at very high temps but i keep it farther away- mainly used to warm up the area at night.) i have drapped foil around the lights and am looking into buying 2 more cfl's or different lights pending any advice given to me. im am hoping to grow around 4 plants in this area. i will update later with pictures once the seeds have sprouted

one concern of mine. This attic is never used and is littered with the yellow insulin foam ( i think its call fiberglass insulation) i have 1 fan running at all times and theirs a decent flow of air from the outside. do u think the foam particles will cause any problems for my plants and or eventually buds? wut should i do to help?

Soccrmn7 said:
one concern of mine. This attic is never used and is littered with the yellow insulin foam ( i think its call fiberglass insulation) i have 1 fan running at all times and theirs a decent flow of air from the outside. do u think the foam particles will cause any problems for my plants and or eventually buds? wut should i do to help?

As long as you dont blow directly on the fiberglass i'd say you'll be fine... if you see any ''dust'' particles stop the fan right away.. fiberglass is hazardous to your health if inhaled. If it is blowing around get some cheap vapor barrier plastic for walls... it is dirt cheap... like $15 for 500 feet.

hmmm thanks for the info i might hafta turn my fan off seeing as theirs foam eveyrwhere in this attic haha would having an inline fan possibly help my situation

well ive germinated two seeds... one has sprouted long roots and small leavess so i planted it in Miracle grow all purpose potting soil. the other has grown long roots but no small leaves yet. this one i planted in soil from many different places in my yard which seem to grow plants/trees well...the third plant which i directly planted the seed into yard soil has yet to sprout... it took both seeds about a week to germinate.
december 14, 2006.

these three plants are under 2 150 watt cfl's in a small cardboard box coated with foil. one pot is around 6 inches from the lights, another is 10 and the last one is about 12. im also going to purchase 2 150 watt hps lights and plant a 4th seed. i have a fan blowing onto the plants from above.

can anyone tell me or link me to a part of the forum which explains how to post pictures i saw one once but cant seem to find it again

go advanced and click manage attachments,a box will pop up,click browse
point to where you have picture and when done click upload.

well its a couple days since theyve sprouted and they are shwoing great growth. i hve started to germinate the 4th seed for the group . i was wondering if for flowering it would be better to switch out my 4 42-watt cfl's for 4 150 hps lights. i was also considering keeping the 4 cfl's and adding only 2 150 watt hps. if anyone has any suggestion let me no. once again this is for 4 plants and once the plant grow big will be in a fairly large room maybe... 5 feet long by 2 feet wide by 7 feet tall

also pictures are on the way but the ones from my phone r to big for the forum so i have to figure out how to format them

IBGrowin said:
also pictures are on the way but the ones from my phone r to big for the forum so i have to figure out how to format them

I use microsoft paint :D

Latest posts

Back