So my electric coffee grinder exploded...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

zem

Reaction score
About 2 years ago, I bought an electric coffee grinder Bosch brand and used it to grind my weed sometimes when i wanted to prepare bigger batches. So it accumulated a lot of very hard and sticky thc with time and i thought it is about time that i clean it up with alcohol 95% ethanol. I guess I must have dissolved the rubber membrane that prevents water from seeping in because i poured some alcohol in for a few minutes, then i thought to plug it in and give it a few spins with the alcohol inside. I pressed it a couple of times and then it exploded literally the pressure opened the lid to let the pressure out from the sides because my hand was holding firm on the lid as i was pressing. I had some alcohol sprayed at me but most sprayed from the opposite side where there is less pressure from my hand and i have a wall spattered 3 ft high with alcohol and thc lol. I am glad that i was able to keep hold on the lid because the thing smelled burning motor and plastic in the room and alcohol started dripping from the electric wire input at the bottom of the grinder, so it had seeped all the way through it. Had I been unlucky, the alcohol would have burned and possibly caused me injuries or a fire in my house. I know that I did something stupid. When i filled the alcohol in i was not planning to plug it in. I was sort of busy doing other stuff i looked in and thought maybe a couple spins would help dissolve the thc faster and without second thought did what i did. Just thought to share in case anyone is thinking of cleaning a blender or some electric tool with alcohol, to be careful. Cheers!

Wow zem, you got lucky. I used to use a antique coffee grinder. Still have it but it is retired now. I use a simple hand held now days. Only well cured, gooey pot jams it up. Alcohol works well for me as well. Pipes included .

I have to admit that i am not containing my laugh everytime i look at that splattered wall... now that's a stoner's living room lmao

Latest posts

Back