So, what else do you do for fun. . .

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BillyK

Reaction score
We all know we’re here about our favorite plant and how to do all things with them but I was curious about what else folks do for amusement. Other than gardening I build audio gear, listen to it and drink beer. For my day job I run an IT shop for a govt. agency.
I built this for one of my step sons this winter. It’s a pre-amp with headphone amp and a phono pre as well.
391C2E77-89BE-47FE-8B3C-FCE6DB550C7D.jpeg
6474A9CE-ECE6-4664-B59C-5815813A3175.jpeg

Love to listen to records, remember them? They’re having a huge comeback lately. Pretty cool.
A8552240-989D-4D7C-B1C0-592454814BBD.jpeg
33799D23-A617-4F92-809E-47923AD41242.jpeg

Let’s see what you do!!

We all know we’re here about our favorite plant and how to do all things with them but I was curious about what else folks do for amusement. Other than gardening I build audio gear, listen to it and drink beer. For my day job I run an IT shop for a govt. agency.
I built this for one of my step sons this winter. It’s a pre-amp with headphone amp and a phono pre as well.
View attachment 299801View attachment 299802

Love to listen to records, remember them? They’re having a huge comeback lately. Pretty cool.
View attachment 299803View attachment 299804

Let’s see what you do!!
The same thing. I frequent Diyaudio.com and have built most of the Pass amps, preamps and phono preamp s. Just finished a new preamp, and putting finishing touches on new preamp.

My other thing is guns. Handguns and long guns. I reload various calibers and build AR15 rifles.

Bubba

Looks like an AR table? I have what's left of one, only the wood case and metal top plate are original. The rest had full house Merrill modifications, weight, perimeter ring, tone arm and moving coil.

Bubba

I use to build computers for a HOBBY. First one i built was in 1998. It was a Pentium 933 that i overclocked to 1050. 😁 It was a fking dinosaur in today's processor speeds.

I have at least 4 systems running at any given time in various rooms.

Basement is a 70 watt tube amp I built with 600 volt rails, driving AltecVoice of the theatre A7 speakers for old school.

Bubba

We like listening to records too. I also play my ukulele a bit, garden a lot veggies, flowers and weed, both flowers and weed new to me, play with my dog BB and crazy cats. Also spend a little time on MP when taking my smoke breaks. 😎
5E5B0728-7C2D-42CF-8013-EDCF25401469.jpeg
9C642C03-8120-4D91-B22F-7089E4971A05.jpeg

Playing with and feeding sirloin scraps to my neighbor's 2 pitties, don't really like the breed but you gotta love your neighbors, feeding birds and yelling at tree rats, roses and tropicals have always been a passion, ... past 20 years helping out sick and terminal loved ones and it seems ms patwi didn't listen 44 years ago when I said I'd be the 1st to leave .. we'll see

The same thing. I frequent Diyaudio.com and have built most of the Pass amps, preamps and phono preamp s. Just finished a new preamp, and putting finishing touches on new preamp.

My other thing is guns. Handguns and long guns. I reload various calibers and build AR15 rifles.

Bubba
Wowsers!
Me too, same nick there as here Billyk. I have #108 of the V-Fets. Yes that's Wayne's board, good eye. Glass Audio PS board, cheep relay volume and switching relays modded for reliability and function. Yep, systems everywhere as well. Use Roon and raspberry pi endpoints. The TT is a Project Debut Carbon ES

We like listening to records too. I also play my ukulele a bit, garden a lot veggies, flowers and weed, both flowers and weed new to me, play with my dog BB and crazy cats. Also spend a little time on MP when taking my smoke breaks. 😎
View attachment 299806View attachment 299807
Yow! Nice collection!! Sad to report I lost most of mine to a flooded basement, a real crime. I had maybe two thirds of what you show.

Latest posts

Back