So, what else do you do for fun. . .

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Here’s a Korg B1 with a Salas design selector / volume. Love this thing. It’s in the living room setup for casual listening. For those interested the object a the top center of the green circuit board is a low voltage vacuum tube recently designed and build by musical instrument company Korg. It's a genuine triode! That's what makes this design cool. Beside how it sounds to me I mean.
8D9AC974-786D-42A8-8ABA-8F62C7C78040.jpeg
6F89612A-C0E6-49FF-86DD-7AF944AFF9D6.jpeg

Last edited:
I have a long list of past and present hobbies. Lately it’s been gardening and playing with grand babies.
I also play guitar, and have been in several bands over the years.
Still hunt and fish quite a bit. I am hoping to make it to Colorado in the next couple years or so and get in another elk hunt before I get too old.
I have owned and trained horses in the past.
I built my own house.
Dig ginseng about every fall for extra money.
Big into traditional archery.
The list goes on.

I have a long list of past and present hobbies. Lately it’s been gardening and playing with grand babies.
I also play guitar, and have been in several bands over the years.
Still hunt and fish quite a bit. I am hoping to make it to Colorado in the next couple years or so and get in another elk hunt before I get too old.
I have owned and trained horses in the past.
I built my own house.
Dig ginseng about every fall for extra money.
Big into traditional archery.
The list goes on.
Wow, that's awesome.
If it's mechanical or some type of system I'm always interested. Did a lot of car work when I was a kid. You could do things, rebuild a carburetor, set the points, rebuild the block. . . You know car stuff. Photography for good bit too.

Here’s a Korg B1 with a Salas design selector / volume. Love this thing. It’s in the living room setup for casual listening. For those interested the object a the top center of the green circuit board is a low voltage vacuum tube recently designed and build by musical instrument company Korg. It's a genuine triode! That's what makes this design cool. Beside how it sounds to me I mean.
View attachment 299824View attachment 299826
I use those I select kits in all my pres. Just built Salas DCG3 pre and his ultra phono preamp. The phono pre amp is the bomb. Also have Pass Pearl 2. Didn't know any one else here did the diyaudio forum. Over there I am Russellc. They already have a Bubba...

Other Pass Class A power amps include F5, F6, M2, BA3, Sissy sit, and others I'm forgetting.

Bubba

I use those I select kits in all my pres. Just built Salas DCG3 pre and his ultra phono preamp. The phono pre amp is the bomb. Also have Pass Pearl 2. Didn't know any one else here did the diyaudio forum. Over there I am Russellc. They already have a Bubba...

Other Pass Class A power amps include F5, F6, M2, BA3, Sissy sit, and others I'm forgetting.

Bubba
I've got the folded waiting to be built. I was one of the prototype builders with Teabag, etc. for the DCB1, that was a while ago. . .
Yes, I've seen you around in the Pass area.
I do most of this stuff in the winter when I cannot get outside to garden. Friday evening smoke and beer listening sessions are not to be missed any time of the year though!!!

Oh, I left fishing out. Don't do it or the same way I used to but still like to get out. Used to walk the rivers with a fly rod and a dry fly. Now I just ride in a boat casting over the fish that the fish finder says it there. Going out Sunday and Tuesday this coming week. I used to be a very serious and dedicated fly fisherman.....now just happy to say I did it once.

after posting earlier I walked out and saw our Pride of Barbados had flowered .. it has to be a bit.ching heat to throw a flower, usually late July - August

Crank it up BillyK and bubba

Where is the guy with little chin hairs. I mean Kindbud. I had more hair on my balls then that when i was 7. 😁

Latest posts

Back