So, what else do you do for fun. . .

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Raise Koi and feed them
View attachment 299893
Mrs Fogey and I went to Maui for our 25th anniversary and stayed at a high end hotel(me and my ratty tee shirts stuck out like a sore thumb). They had this huge koi pond in the atrium. We got baked on the beach one night and headed back to our room overlooking the koi pond. We were mesmerized by what appeared to be a dance by the fish. They lined up and swam in a circle for a bit then groups would break off and the get back in the line. Maybe we were stoned(we bought some locally grown Golden Ticket(supposedly)) but it was trippy.

Mrs Fogey and I went to Maui for our 25th anniversary and stayed at a high end hotel(me and my ratty tee shirts stuck out like a sore thumb). They had this huge koi pond in the atrium. We got baked on the beach one night and headed back to our room overlooking the koi pond. We were mesmerized by what appeared to be a dance by the fish. They lined up and swam in a circle for a bit then groups would break off and the get back in the line. Maybe we were stoned(we bought some locally grown Golden Ticket(supposedly)) but it was trippy.
I just love moments and memories like that.

Oh yes them do a dance when feeding time comes LOL
As soo as I walk up to the deck rail that overlooks the pond they all line up with their heads poking out of water opening and closing their mouths , it's the funniest thing.
Had one of them get in the skimmer box found him this morning (please Papa get me out of here) so I did. LOL

well, I am not quite as ambitious as you youngster's this is what I did in Back of the house today. A little rainbow and brown trout fishing. And then a hike up the mountains to the lake.

Attachments

• IMG_20220507_085249995_HDR.jpg
    IMG_20220507_085249995_HDR.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_0101.JPG
    IMG_0101.JPG
    2.7 MB · Views: 0
  • VID_20220408_103748324.mp4
    23.7 MB
I don’t have many hobbies, but I’ll probably be starting up my coffee roasting hobby this winter. It’s a fascinating hands-on hobby, and all you need is a basic roaster. I use a computer application to monitor bean roasting and development.

I use three different roasters……everything from a hand roaster over an open flame to an air roaster and a drum roaster for variety.

I don’t have many photos of it. Great hobby though….but it needs venting and it can be a little messy.

22A51D68-9389-4F9D-AA99-51DA41B4F7C5.pngC4E1B755-55F9-4C37-8991-40A057B193A3.pngD9B48518-6331-4BD4-823F-706A9C1FBB0C.png79E1B5B1-D3B2-491C-AB6A-AB8E4E76C031.jpeg

Attachments

• 3261BDBF-AA2B-42CE-9C54-A3D61629F70C.png
    3261BDBF-AA2B-42CE-9C54-A3D61629F70C.png
    17.8 MB · Views: 0
I don’t have many hobbies, but I’ll probably be starting up my coffee roasting hobby this winter. It’s a fascinating hands-on hobby, and all you need is a basic roaster. I use a computer application to monitor bean roasting and development.

I use three different roasters……everything from a hand roaster over an open flame to an air roaster and a drum roaster for variety.

I don’t have many photos of it. Great hobby though….but it needs venting and it can be a little messy.

View attachment 311832View attachment 311834View attachment 311835View attachment 311836
You should open your eyes further and research making edibles , Lots and lots of toys out there to help make wonderful things

You should open your eyes further and research making edibles , Lots and lots of toys out there to help make wonderful things
Great point Rosterman. I have the Magic Butter Machine and some gummy mixes and molds that I may experiment with after this run. I don’t like the taste of most of my tincture, but now I’m wondering about this water flushing that BullShoalsGuy is doing.

Great point Rosterman. I have the Magic Butter Machine and some gummy mixes and molds that I may experiment with after this run. I don’t like the taste of most of my tincture, but now I’m wondering about this water flushing that BullShoalsGuy is doing.
It helps when you use the magic butter machine to filter your final tincture with something finer mesh than the MBM has. It helps get more of the plant matter out thus taking away some of that taste that you don’t like. I use a permanent coffee filter, then a paper filter before I use it. It takes a while for it to drain out but you can squeeze out the paper filters at the end…

If you like and enjoy that fine flavor of the weed , I would not do the water cure. You can ruin a good batch of weed if you don't get it to dry fast enough after the wash.
Try it on a small batch 1st is what I would recommend .

It helps when you use the magic butter machine to filter your final tincture with something finer mesh than the MBM has. It helps get more of the plant matter out thus taking away some of that taste that you don’t like. I use a permanent coffee filter, then a paper filter before I use it. It takes a while for it to drain out but you can squeeze out the paper filters at the end…
I have this set. I used them for making dry ice hash/keif but the finest mesh would probably screen out most chunky stuff…

E-ONSALE Aluminum Herbal Pollen Set of 3 Screen Size Stackable Sifter 66, 96, 120 Micron Hash Extractor Sifter Shaker (66, 96, 120) https://a.co/d/h8Cembi

Thank you SubmarineGirl! Yes, that could make a significant difference and I hadn’t considered the paper filters. I will filter some of my current tincture thru a coffee filter and see if it’s more palatable. It’s pretty rough stuff….thick and flammable.

If you like and enjoy that fine flavor of the weed , I would not do the water cure. You can ruin a good batch of weed if you don't get it to dry fast enough after the wash.
Try it on a small batch 1st is what I would recommend .
Another good point…thanks Rosterman! I probably won’t risk it, but I do look forward to watching the end of BullShoalGuys experiment.

I have this set. I used them for making dry ice hash/keif but the finest mesh would probably screen out most chunky stuff…

E-ONSALE Aluminum Herbal Pollen Set of 3 Screen Size Stackable Sifter 66, 96, 120 Micron Hash Extractor Sifter Shaker (66, 96, 120) https://a.co/d/h8Cembi

That’s perfect Old Fogey! You even provided a link……thank you. Order has been placed.

Thank you SubmarineGirl! Yes, that could make a significant difference and I hadn’t considered the paper filters. I will filter some of my current tincture thru a coffee filter and see if it’s more palatable. It’s pretty rough stuff….thick and flammable.

Another good point…thanks Rosterman! I probably won’t risk it, but I do look forward to watching the end of BullShoalGuys experiment.

That’s perfect Old Fogey! You even provided a link……thank you. Order has been placed.
My favorite under the tongue method I do in the freezer with grain alcohol not using the MBM. i use the same filters. The tincture comes out clear not green. I find that it is also much stronger that way. The MBM is great for making butter for edibles tho and I’ve also made vape juice as a side project that turned out too if you vape but vaping makes me cough to much so I gave most of that away.

I am going to use the 120 mesh to screen out keif from my seeded buds once they are dry. I am actually trying bullshoals’ water cure on some of the seeded buds I have so I can make some cannabutter with no flavor for my mother who hates the aftertaste and ‘burps’ she gets from my normal butter. I was skeptical at first of water curing but it may have a niche use for me.

Latest posts

Back