So, what else do you do for fun. . .

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I haven't been doing very much lately as I am waiting to get a spinal fusion. I had to get a second opinion and that took almost a year. Normally, I like to look for gem stones. I don't find a lot but it is good exercise looking for them. I have learned about the geology of where I live. I have two grandchildren I like to spend time with. I'm going to be a great grandma in a couple of weeks my granddaughter is having a baby. Of course growing keeps me busy. I have tried growing out on my deck this year and have found a couple new strains I like. I finally bought another SF1000. I want to grow more during the right weather so I don't have to use any heat.

I haven't been doing very much lately as I am waiting to get a spinal fusion. I had to get a second opinion and that took almost a year. Normally, I like to look for gem stones. I don't find a lot but it is good exercise looking for them. I have learned about the geology of where I live. I have two grandchildren I like to spend time with. I'm going to be a great grandma in a couple of weeks my granddaughter is having a baby. Of course growing keeps me busy. I have tried growing out on my deck this year and have found a couple new strains I like. I finally bought another SF1000. I want to grow more during the right weather so I don't have to use any heat.
I have a rock collection from all over the world so I dig your interest in gem collecting. My grow keeps me busy as well in retirement as well as my grandkids. Good luck with your new light and your next grow. I love SF lights

Them grand children will keep you on your toes, now a great grandchild congrats. I'm not sure if I'll have any great grandkids, the grand daughter's is gay and the grandson says he don't want any.

2297c98ec539eedd47e40e0ba3fdb716.jpg

well, I am not quite as ambitious as you youngster's this is what I did in Back of the house today. A little rainbow and brown trout fishing. And then a hike up the mountains to the lake.
I grew up going camping and fishing the first day of fishing season. We had a nice trout stream that we went to every year. That was in Connecticut. Now, I live in Virginia and it is to warm for trout unless you go to the mountains. The rivers are full of cat fish and bass is real big.

Them grand children will keep you on your toes, now a great grandchild congrats. I'm not sure if I'll have any great grandkids, the grand daughter's is gay and the grandson says he don't want any.
This will be the first great grandchild. You really cannot plan these things. Young people are still becoming parents early. Then some wait a longtime.

I have a rock collection from all over the world so I dig your interest in gem collecting. My grow keeps me busy as well in retirement as well as my grandkids. Good luck with your new light and your next grow. I love SF lights
I wish I could buy a nice collection of rocks. I'm in some groups on Facebook and they have the prettiest crystals on there.

I wish I could buy a nice collection of rocks. I'm in some groups on Facebook and they have the prettiest crystals on there.
I would imagine finding them is much more fulfilling. I have been looking(sort of) for dropped deer antlers in the woods for years(I am not a hunter so I would need to find them on the ground). The fresh air and exercise are worth it though I would still love to find some…

I would imagine finding them is much more fulfilling. I have been looking(sort of) for dropped deer antlers in the woods for years(I am not a hunter so I would need to find them on the ground). The fresh air and exercise are worth it though I would still love to find some…
Sheds are hard to find

I've been figuring out how to garden in a 2 bedroom apartment with no outside space. I have an aerogarden type thing with green leafy things and a couple other things, and a shelf for microgreens. Then there's the grow tent where I can grow weed, or other biggish sun lovers like tomatoes. I'd love to get out and do some hiking in the woods, but my muscles don't agree, and the trails are infested with Siberian blackberries. Foraging for food and medicinal herbs was fun back when I could do that.

It is like treasure hunting.

Drink coffee with my friend.😁
View attachment 311958
That’s a nice way to start the day…..made my morning coffee even better.
You should open your eyes further and research making edibles , Lots and lots of toys out there to help make wonderful things
Had this gummy kit buried in the back of the pantry, so I finally broke it out. Between the improved taste of the strained tincture (thanks SubmarineGirl) and the heavy flavoring of the gelatin kit, these turned out decent. It was easy to make using everclear tincture.

B65BB5FC-6A72-499F-92C6-DD1DC9B83981.jpeg

That’s a nice way to start the day…..made my morning coffee even better.

Had this gummy kit buried in the back of the pantry, so I finally broke it out. Between the improved taste of the strained tincture (thanks SubmarineGirl) and the heavy flavoring of the gelatin kit, these turned out decent. It was easy to make using everclear tincture.

View attachment 311968
They look beautiful. Do they have a sugar coating? I’ve never seen homemade ones look that dry and delicious. Great job 💕

They look beautiful. Do they have a sugar coating? I’ve never seen homemade ones look that dry and delicious. Great job 💕
Yes, I used the Magic Butter molds and infused the gelatin mixture with the everclear tincture. The resulting gummies were very sticky (maybe due to the alcohol-based tincture), so I coated them in sugar before storing to keep them from sticking together. Strong cannabis flavor but not offensive like my old tincture. Thanks again for the tip to filter the tincture.

Latest posts

Back