Soaking bud before alcohol extraction?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

YYZ Skinhead

RIP Neil Peart 9/12/1952 -- 1/7/2020
Reaction score
People who make oil, do you soak the trim/bud/what have you in water to get rid of the chlorophyll, and if so for how long? How do you soak it so that the trichomes cannot fall off?

never done it myself but heres a basic water cure. the trics dont come off because they arent water soluble.
found this on another site:
(bailer bud)
The Water Cure
So i thought i would try it. Since i have a plant that didn't flush too well i have nothing to loose.

Here is what you need to do, to try it yourself.

1: Place your buds into a jar, and fill the jar with water. Enough that you can fully submerge the buds.
2: Place jar in a dark place.
3: Change the water every 24 hours.
4: Repeat step 3, for 7 days.
5: After 7 days, Take the buds out of the jar and dry them. Once they are dry, they will look and smoke like buds that have had a long air cure. And your once full of fertilizer buds will burn clean.

*Water cure will remove most of the terps, so you buds won't be as fragrant.

I don't water cure and control the water soluble pickup by freezing cured material and doing a quick wash with chilled alcohol. 3 minutes for Ethanol and 20 seconds for Isopropyl.

Here are pictures of a 3 minute quick wash and a 10 minute quick wash. Note the difference in color.

10 minute frozen extraction-1.jpg

3 minute frozen extract.jpg

Latest posts

Back