Soaking seeds.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
420_Osborn said:
:holysheep: When's the last time you started a seed? :p I thought you were a clone from a clone kinda girl! :eek:

I am a clone kind of girl, however, every time I want to start a new strain I have to germ seeds. As a matter of fact, I have some seeds I just planted a couple of days ago. LOL--Some of us are not lucky enough to live in MMJ states where we can just go to the dispensary and get clones.

I like to handle seedlings as little as possible. This is basically why I germinate right in medium. If the seedling does not shed its shell, a drop of water on the shell is usually enough to loosen it up so the seedling can shed it. I think Mandala has a good germ guide.

Thanks everyone! I soaked it over night and just put it in it's new home. I used my normal medium which I added some vermiculite, mexican bat guano and worm castings. It's an auto so I started it right out in a 4 gallon pot. Cross your fingers! green mojo to all!

:48:

bho_expertz said:
I like to user paper towel but you need to have an eye on it so the paper doesn't dry out.
I don't know if yu do this or not but when I use the paper towels, I put them in a zip-lock baggie and soak the towels really good then put them in a warm dark place (I have a pantry beside my stove that stays warm) I check them after 3 days and they usually all pop and have good growth,and are ready to set within 5 days.:hubba:

No zip-lock bag. But i put the paper towels inside two plates.

I've tried the paper towel,the soakin' method,the scuffin' method and just plain ol throwing them in the dirt.I've had seeds I left in the paper towel grow and get the first set of leaves.There are different ways to do it.

The Hemp Goddess said:
I have never in 30 years of growing ever soaked a seed.
I gotta say, I've tried soaking. I've also dropped a seed into soil. I had better luck with just dropping into soil. ;)

Latest posts

Back