Sodium Bicarb residue

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kiksroks

Fat Farmer
Reaction score
Well, after searching and reading here I found that spraying baking soda on my plants leaves would knock out a bit of powdery mildew I had going on a few leaves/plants. So I mixed it up @ about 1tbs/qt and gave the plants a good spray down, I'm 40 days into flowering and was only seeing a few small white spots on some of the fan leaves so I shielded the buds as best I could. Well the plants took it well and hopefully, removing a couple plants, moving a fan, and nature lowering the RH will prevent any more pm. BUT, it seems that the spray left a white residue on the leaves. It wipes right off and they don't appear to be damaged at all. I was thinking that as long as it wasn't harming the leaves that I would leave it to help with the PM. What do you all think? Leave it or remove it?

leave it for a few days then rinse it off would be the way I would do it. IMO by leaving it on you keep the ph lowered on the leaves surface and the mold(powdery mild is a type of mold) spores cant germinate right

ozzydiodude said:
leave it for a few days then rinse it off would be the way I would do it. IMO by leaving it on you keep the ph lowered on the leaves surface and the mold(powdery mild is a type of mold) spores cant germinate right

right on ozzie ;) the soda just changes ph on the leafs surface to 'unfavorable' for PW growth. Same as a sulfur burn. .. but different...

when i had that on my budding females i used plain tepid water, and a sponge, just gave the girls a good scrubing and they made it thru the cycle, they were about at the halfway point anyway, and the smokes ok.

Hick said:
right on ozzie ;) the soda just changes ph on the leafs surface to 'unfavorable' for PW growth. Same as a sulfur burn. .. but different...
hey Mr. hick, speaking of sulphur burn!! What do you know about these sulphur vaporizers, Between grows I hear this iliminates everything alive in the room. Spores,Germs, whatever?? For 89 bucks thats alot of prevention!!

ozzydiodude said:

That's what I was thinking. Thanks for the reassurance!

SKAGITMAGIC said:
hey Mr. hick, speaking of sulphur burn!! What do you know about these sulphur vaporizers, Between grows I hear this iliminates everything alive in the room. Spores,Germs, whatever?? For 89 bucks thats alot of prevention!!

It's a LOT more prevention for $8 or $10 SKAG'. Go to a thrift store, buy a single burner electric hot plate and a stainless steel bowl. That and $8 for sulphur and you're in business.
No need for an $89 burner, that "I" have found.

Latest posts

Back