sog grow help

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mslady_1983

Reaction score
I am on stuck mode right now. I have a 600 watt buld, fox farm soil, great nutes, ph always on hit. mylar all over, clean area. still trying to figure out what the best way to grow. # of plants for a great yield :holysheep: :D

my area is a 3x3 area for now i have a whole bed room to play with. i am starting with a 3x3 for now. need more experience

A 3x3 with that 600w hps will work well and give you big buds. Do you have inline fans and a timer?

How many plants/seeds/clones are you planning on having? With 600wtt you can probably harvest 3 or 4 nice sized plants.

i have timer, fan. wonder if i need the in line fan and suck since i open the room i love going in there when she is woke

that is kind of my question. how should i go about growing. they will be clones i have 3 in there right now. i want to harvest the most in this room

I asume that since it is in a regular bedroom that you have a 7-8foot ceiling. That being the case I would recommend that you grow fewer, taller plants and make the most of the 600w light. SOG can be tricky for some that don't fully grasp the differences in growing methods.

It doesn't matter which method you choose in this case because if you grow a few plants taller, you will get roughly the same amount of bud that you would get if you grow many plants close together in an SOG.

SOG and ScrOG are methods for growing in limited vertical space. Your best method would be to grow 2-4 plants and try to open them up by tying the branches as they grow so that the plants are opened up to allow maximum light to penetrate down to the lower buds.

I would also recommend that you look into the Fimming technique. That is a technique that is similar to topping but rather than developing just 2 main colas, it creates multiple top colas. However if you are a new grower, just start out slow and keep it simple until you get your growing space down to successful function :) Even keeping it simple will reward you with plentiful bud. Then you can build on yer success by learning new methods. Green mojo to yer new grow :)

I know you don't want to hear this but you really shldnt worry so much about yield....especially your first time out the box. Jmo

:yeahthat:

Just to add to the above and above again, I was a new grower a few months back, only grew 1 plant, got great advice when needed(here) and had moderate success at the end.
HOWEVER, now that i am on try#2 , i can honestly tell you, that i feel much more confident to do the right things at the right time. Basically, i'm saying that i feel its' better to use your first as a learning experience and RELAX ,get into it and listen to these guys, and above all don't put all that pressure of yeilds on yourself your first run. If for some reason something goes south(it happens) and your grow is slowed to heal or repair , you are gonna feel terrible, if max yeild is your only concern. Some of these ppl treat this as an art form, not to be rushed through. Oh yeah , and don't buy into all the hydro store hype on the latest greatest thing. It takes understanding and skill and that does,nt come in a bottle.:cool: My 2cents

Grow 4 plants take cuttings from all 4 and then use the cuttings from the best pheno next run. More plants doesnt always equal more bud. Usually it doesnt actually.

I plan on running in 2 grows from now a SOG with 15 plants. We will see then if more plants means more yield ;) or not :cool:

mslady_1983 said:
i have timer, fan. wonder if i need the in line fan and suck since i open the room i love going in there when she is woke

I believe that you are absolutely going to need a "real" exhaust fan--a centrifuge fan of some sort, like a Vortex, Can, Eclipse--to keep your space cool. One of those little duct booster fans is not going to do it.

thanks to all the relpy's u guys. it means alot to someone who is really interested in gardening.

Latest posts

Back