Soil and Nutrients?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

powerbud

Reaction score
Hey I was wondering what kind of soil everyone uses and what kind of nutrients? I am thinkin about growing some white widow and wanted to know what kind of materials everyone uses.

I used a general 20-20-20 veg furt. and then a A and B solution bloom. As far as soil i used organic. Seemed to work well.

I use poting soil, Sunshine Mix 4 or Pro mix hp.

General Hydroponics Flora 3 part with a carb booster

I use a home mix of 50% sunshine peat, 25% Miracle grow perlite, 25% Miracle grow vermiculite.

Advanced Nutrients complete fertilizer program

Hey Canso, So you've had good results using Sunshine mix? Where I live out here in the boonies it's all I can get. There is only one plant nursery that sells potting soil within a hundred miles. Do you find it too hot to use for seedlings? I think it has nutes in it already, so I obviously wouldn't add any additional stuff for a few weeks. I was thinking of using it for my bigger pots after transplanting, but starting seedlings out in a mix of some WalMart brand basic potting mix and perlite. Any comments?
Thanks for the input.
The Llama

llamaman said:
WalMart brand basic potting mix
The Llama

I've had problems with that stuff right there. I've had better luck with MG soil than that stuff. The only way I got it to work. was flush it before I did anything with it. I just shoved it in a 5 gallon pot and ran water through it a few time. Seemed to "clean out" the garbage. PH was wacky in it. The smaller bags weren't as bad as the big ones. ;)

Ok everyone I just ordered my White Widow Seeds from the Doc cant wait till it gets here I am excited. This is my current setup:
400W HPS Lamp (Flowering)
250W MH Lamp (Veg.)
Soil: Not sure what to use yet
Nut: Not sure yet for both phases
The grow area is about 3' x 2' x 10' I only plan on growing up to 4 plants hopefully there will be enough room in there for all of them. I have a couple of questions about that Veg. Phase, How long should I keep the light on for I don't want to keep it on 24hrs bc the setup is in my room and it can get a little stuffy also I don't want to run up the electricity bill. Currently I am flowering 3 plants that I got from bagseed and with the new 4oow lamp I can already tell that the flowering phase has increased dramatically. I used to use 3 Fluorescent lights as the source of light for both phases but now its like being introduced to pablo. I wanted to use FoxFarm soil and nutrients but they are very pricy and I don't want to spend that much on them so if anyone knows of great soil and nuts I can get at home depot or lowes that would be a money saver. Any input would be greatly appreciated thanks to everyone. Does anyone know how to put pics on here it says my files are to big?

I use DNF Gro A+B, DNF Black, DNF Gold, DNF Green, Monster Bloom, DNF Bloom A+B, and hydrogen peroxide / B1 Vitamin sometimes...
1000w hps 400w mh on the way.. flouros... 25 plants in a 4x4 area.

Ok I decided to go with Fox Farm Ocean Forest soil but I don't know what kind of Fox Farm Nutrients to use? Can anyone name any good ones?

llamaman said:
Hey Canso, So you've had good results using Sunshine mix? Where I live out here in the boonies it's all I can get. There is only one plant nursery that sells potting soil within a hundred miles. Do you find it too hot to use for seedlings? I think it has nutes in it already, so I obviously wouldn't add any additional stuff for a few weeks. I was thinking of using it for my bigger pots after transplanting, but starting seedlings out in a mix of some WalMart brand basic potting mix and perlite. Any comments?
Thanks for the input.
The Llama

I.ve had very good reasults with Sunshine mix.
and have only ever used sunshine mix, I thought it worked well for seedlings but i mainly use clones in Jiffys. seedling wouldn't get food till the secound set of leaves.
The only nutes in the sunshine mix, I assumed was, just whats in natural peat. shouldn't be anything added.

Latest posts

Back