Soil Cloning

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tonto

Dry as a bone
Reaction score
I'm using Hick's method of soil cloning, but there's one thing that is vague to me.... watering. When cloning, do you want the bottom of the soil to be touching water at all times? Or is that just at first, to saturate the growing medium..... I cloned my large female today, two different clippings. I did everything as listed, cutting it correctly, soaking in water, using the rooting hormone, placing in container with lid for humidity..... but I don't know what to do about the water. The two pots I'm using are Jiffy pots, with MG soil. They are set in a 6x8" tupperware with about 1/4" water in the bottom of the 6x8 container that will keep everything moist. Should I take the jiffy pots out of the standing water, and keep them moist by watering them daily, or should I leave water in there for maximum moisture while the clones grow roots? Thanks in advance...

Whats up Fluid1. We use Hick's method and it works great. We use the clear 16 oz. plastic party cups so we can see the roots when they begin to form. Yes we keep water in the bottom of the tub so the medium stays wet at all times. I'm not sure about the MG soil for clones. We use General Purpose potting soil which contains no nutes.

Yes, I have seen how some people have recommended against the MG soil for clones.... I thought I'd attempt it as it's the only medium I've used with this strain, and it seems to like it..... as of this monring, the clippings seems to be doing well, they are now looking at the light that's above them, and don't seem wilted or anything..... thanks for the reply, TBG! I'm keeping some water on them.

Latest posts

Back