Soil cooking time?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

juniorgrower

Reaction score
I know that NV's soil needs to cook for at least 30 days. Is there any harm in letting it cook for 60 or even 90 day's? I plant outside around the end of may but I will have all of my ingredients together by the end of this month. I was thinking of mixing my soil up when I get all the stuff together but I will wait if it is going to have a negative effect on my soil. Thanks.

Be fine. After 90 days I would re-innoculate with a drink of myco and water. I would guess you would lose 10-20% of the potency of the soil though.

Guess I will be holding off until the end of April. Thanks again NV.

nouvellechef said:
Be fine. After 90 days I would re-innoculate with a drink of myco and water. I would guess you would lose 10-20% of the potency of the soil though.

:yeahthat: keeping it covered will also help with not washing it away

If you read some of Sub's threads closely, some of that SS cooks for as long as 6 months.

NC could be quite correct about some potency loss, IDK to be honest. But, how hard would it be to bump everything back up?

Myself, I like a longer than 30 day cook, especially in cooler weather before spring planting.

Wet

for outdoors growing....in supersoil....just make sure you have a large enough pot or hole to plant it in, in this mix, youll have frikin monster....

it would be fun to buy a 200gal geopot and fill it with the whole batch...and plant that huge pot with a ton of clones....man, i wonder the size harvest you would have!

i would also think hard about the time summer when u plant the plant in the soil......unless you top feed, which isnt needed with this mix, youll have roughly only 17 weeks from start to finish, also depending on how big the hole/pot is! and how big you want/can have them? so hopefully ur an experienced outdoors man knowing when your plants will flower in the region of the world/US ur in! its different from texas to montana btw!!!

best of luck, hope this is something to think about, just tryin to help!

Thanks for the input Wetdog and Kushluvr. I plan on planting around memorial weekend or the weekend before depending on the weather. Last year it was memorial day but I should have done it a week earlier. I am going to use 15 gal smartpots filled with supersoil.

Latest posts

Back