Soil/Hydro

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fusible

Reaction score
Has anyone ever tried general hydroponics nutes (floramicro, floragro, florabloom) in soil? Im using Fox farm soil and was thinking of experimenting.

I use general hydro "floranova", a decent newer one-part for my hydro and have been told by the guys at the shop it works well in soil also, I use my left-overs on my tomato plants and they are pretty healthy.

fusible said:
Has anyone ever tried general hydroponics nutes (floramicro, floragro, florabloom) in soil? Im using Fox farm soil and was thinking of experimenting.

this all we use in the Lunatic household....add in some Guano and worm castings when mixing the dirt....and you have our basics..

carboload in water....we do a feed then a water...alternating until flushing ....using molasses in the flush and leeching process

check out the 420 Collection thread in bud pics here and you will see results we have with these products...

we highly recommend them :cool:

General Hydroponics are excellent, indeed the industry standard.
BUT
they are chemicals. If you mix them in organic soil you'll kill a lot of the beneficial flora and fauna (microbes, mycorrhizae, nematodes) in your organic soil.
If you're using Fox Farms potting soil, you paid premium prices for soil with those organic goodies. If you use chem's you could instead have used cheap unamended soil at about 1/2 price.
I recommend sticking with organics.

Has anyone every tried Koolbloom? Its a pink powder

I use Fox Farm Ocean Forest and all I add is perlite, guanos and Pure Blend nutes. Works pretty good.

I also use kool-bloom with my flora-nova but you don't need very much at all, flora-nova has a lot of the stuff cool bloom has in it allready. As was said, GH stuff is chemicals but flora-nova has more natural ingredients in it. It has the molasses and such. If you do go with it be warned, it is very, very concentrated, just pick up a bottle of it and a bottle of pure blend, you can feel the difference, so be careful.

Latest posts

Back