soil plant growing faster then hydro

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sucio805

Reaction score
why is the soil one doing so much better. i got them all at the same time the one in soil is a different strain bubba kush the two in hydro are head band. the one in soils roots went crazy the ones in hydro not so much. PH is 6 im using Gh flora series at a quarter strength. a 400 w mh

You answered your own question, they are different strains different seeds way to many variables.

Can you post a pic of the roots in the hydro?

Are they brown? Necrotic?

I am guessing that they are the same age...

It is possible that the strain is an issue.

could be hot/cold rezz temps slowing them down, to little oxygen in the nutrient solution as well.

upgrade your air pump or get another one and check rezz temp.

welcome to the site!

Tater said:
You answered your own question, they are different strains different seeds way to many variables.
Roots dont grow big in hydro since there being fed at curtain periods the plant relies on those watering period at curtain times unlike soil where when you water you have to take into account the... soil. Plus roots grow large to look for nutritions and water in hydro its all supplied for it in solution hope this might help :cool:

thanks i did heat up the water in the res. and it seems to be helping and im pretty sure its cause of the different strains but one of the ladies is doing nice now the other is still a little slow hopefully soon i can up the nutes and get these babies rockin

WebCam_20080317_1433.jpg

WebCam_20080317_1434(1).jpg

that also looks like a nutrient burn, id back the nutes down and as said....up the air- that will always help :)

that is improvement from when i first burned em i pulled all the dead leaves off but there is a bunch of new growth coming in thanks though... i burned the **** out of them one of them died and these ones are making the comeback of the century

I think you'll come to love the waterfarm. Ive been using them for a year and a half now and I think they are the greatest thing(for beginners, and yes i realize a grower with experience under their belt can build their own system). I would advise you not to use ANY nutes until you see alternating nodes, just ph your water. From the size of your plants, it looks like your growth should take off pretty soon. Each persons grow experiences are different; My waterfarm growth is always slow at first, even with ph'ed water, but really takes off at about week 3. I wait until the plant shows sex in veg to switch to 12/12. To me the overnuting is cause for your slow growth, PH'ed water should straighten things out.

i would like to see more about hydro unit before I take a stab at your prob. I would say that it is the diffrent seeds growing at different rates, just make sure all you nuts. are in order and your ph is spot on
good luck man PEACE

thanks guys their doing way good now they are female cuz they were clones but you were right about the 3 week thing once the roots got to the rez bam now they are in their 2nd week of flowering and are doing great lots of little flowers showing and some sugar on leaves i was wondering how to make bigger buds should i use a certain thing like big bud or something or let it go im sure they are gonna get bigger i will post pics next monday

you can use boosters they have great results but also make shure you have optimum grow room conditions temp humidity ph ec and add oxygen to your res through air stone or pump your plants will thank you for it

Latest posts

Back