Soil question? Lime For PH Adjustment!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tool46

Reaction score
So i have been using Lakeland Natural & Oraganic Soil for this grow. This soil has lime in it for PH adjustment. At the time i bought the soil it seemed like a good idea. Now im thinking otherwise. My Ph is Between 6.9-7.0 now and most of my plants are thriving except one. and everyone has been telling me to lower my PH! My QUESTION CAN I STILL LOWER THE PH OF MY SOIL WITH THE LIME IN IT OR AM I STUCK WITH WHAT I HAVE. Do i need to get different soil next time or is this ok? thanks for your help guys.

To lower your PH, as TES says, you need to lower PH of the water you use.
If I understand correctly you may need to flush the plants first, I'm not to experienced with soil as I grow DWC, but you will need to flush the soil with 3 times as much PH balanced water as your bucket or pot will hold, for example if you have 10 gallon buckets you will need to flush them through with 30 gallons each, a 5ltr bucket then its 15 ltrs of PH balanced water, then start again with water and feed.

Do you use tap water or distilled / RO (reverse osmosis) water? if its plain tap water, let it stand for about 24 hours to give the chlorine a chance to evaporate, tap water comes with all kind of nasties in it, best off using distilled or RO water if possible.

I'm not sure if its the same for soil, but don't use the 'recomended' dose, I would say start off using about half to two thirds, and increase if needed, and measure the PH of the water AFTER you have added the nutes.

If I got any of that wrong, I am sure someone will correct me, and if it's smoking mom I would like a proper correction please, whips and chains for being a naughty boy!

Mainly i use Brita filtered tap water. Although one of my plants is a strickly distilled water drinker. Also im growing organic so dont really want to use hydro store PH adjuster? And i just tried the lemon juice thing and it didn't adjust my distilled water at all? water is still at 7? and i used a whole jar of the small lemon sized container? any help would be very apprieceated

well my plant is sick pretty bad. I am trying to figure out what to do. Check out my other two threads one is in orgainc grow and one is in sick plants. From the pics everyone has told me to lower my ph. I was agreeing with you i thought my ph was fine and that it was a mag def?

If its a mag def try using epson salt. Wouldn't hurt a thing.

TESLA! I did give her a dose of epsom salt yesturday!

Tool46 good man, Give the epson salt a few days to work. I just got done looking at the pics. Hows the ventilation in the room? Do you have a fan on the plants? whats the temp in there? Its not a ph issue. give it some time you can't try 10 things at once I understand your urgency but you have to be careful not trying to do so many things at once.

Thanks tesla. The ventilation is good. I have an a/c for intake lots of fans circulating the air and one 4" exhaust going through the 800w hps hood straight outside. the temp is about 76 degrees f lights on. not sure what temp is with off will have to check tonight. i will give the epsoms some time thanks

Latest posts

Back