Soiled plants in the closet

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
16/8 light cycle is OK, if you're planning on going outdoors with them. But if it going to continue indoors, 18/6 or 24/0 will reduce the stretch and keep nodes closer. More light and ventilation...You can't smoke stems.

No "sex parts" yet.

There have been numerous experiments with music and plant growth. A popular TV show 'Myth Busters' even explored the topic. I have enclosed a link to a page with the specific information. Forums on the internet can also be found with other people discussing this topic.

I did notice faster germination when I played music for the plants. I’m guess it was the vibration from the music. I used headphones, and wrapped them around the planter. I don’t want too much noise. But for the vegetative stage, I am still unsure. I have not been able to do enough study with control plants.

http://www.mythbustersfanclub.com/html/exploding_house.html
Myth #3

Do these girls look okay. The viens of the leaves are draker then outside of leaves.

PANA0001.JPG

PANA0002.JPG

PANA0003.JPG

PANA0005.JPG

Different strains from the same bud:
It's entirely possible that the same bud bore seed from 2 (or more) different males.
1 grain of pollen + 1 bud hair = 1 seed. Theoretically, a single bud could bear seeds for a hundred fathers of different strains (tho unlikely outside a lab).

Joey, it may be the light's color spectrum but those leaves look like your plants need more N. They should be emerald green.

There still going, not at the pace I thought they would. But it has turned out to be a good hobby.

PANA0005.JPG

PANA0006.JPG

PANA0008.JPG

looking good joey, however they do look slightly over-watered...how much are u giving them? notice how the leaves are drooping down instead of fanning out...i do believe thats a sign of over-watering...other that that looking nice and healthy...how old are they?

I try to water every three days with enough water that some runs out the bottom. Are the day to close together?

you should allow the medium to dry out before watering again...can't really put an exact timeframe on it...i've been told its best to underwater than overwater, allowing your soil to dry out will cause ur roots to stretch further as they search for water and this will promote growth of the plant...i was watering once evey 4-5 days but it depends on the size of ur pots...i think its also important to evenly water the entire medium

I agree with GB. They do look a bit droopy. Could be cause you havent watered them yet though ?

Your doing a kick ass job joey. Keep it up man. What are they now. 6 weeks ? 7 weeks ? You should start seeing some preflowers soon, when you do, flower them. Looks like your going to have some good bud soon.

I'd maybe get another floro and put it along the wall at the base of the plant, or about in the middle, they look like they are stretchin a bit at the bottom nodes.

Oh, and I water mine every 3 days too. But I have a little more perlite in my soil then you do it looks like. So maybe 4 days isnt out of the question, try it and see how they react. If they perk up a bit more after a few waterings at 4 days. try going 5. If not, then go back to 3.

What are the common signs of over-watering? The method I had been using for watering was when the first inch and 1/2 of soit was dry, or it the planter felt light. Currentlly it's day 3 on the water schedule, but will be held off for 2 more days to see what happens.

One plant turned out to be a hermi (tall & slender, 1 & 3), and the other (bushy, 2 & 4) is still not showing. Im still undecided if im going to keep the hermi all the way through. I have read other places that if you cut off the pollen sacs (only one showing), the bud will most not have seeds. What does everyone else think on the subject. Should I keep it, or should it go?

The other plant I think will be a female from how long it is taking to mature. If it is, it would be a perfect mother for clones.

PANA0001.JPG

PANA0006.JPG

PANA0010.JPG

PANA0012.JPG

joey, a hermi shows both sex's, not only male flowers. "Usually" a hermi will appear as a female, then along somewhere during the flowering process, begins producing male flowers. Those hermi flowers can be pretty difficult to spot, even for the experienced eye. I would never recommend keeping a hermi in a grow. Simply too difficult to find and remove every male banana, every day. One spec of pollen and one pistil=one hermi seed. Then those seeds procreate more hermi's, which procreate more hermis. You get the idea.;) Very detrimental to the genetic "well being" of drug grade mj.

O agree. I would pull the hermi. But make sure it's a hermi first.

The plants are lookin great thought joey. Looks like your gona have a good female there in the third pic.

Unless the third pic is the hermi, then that just sucks.

Im starting to have secong thoughts about weather (Pictures-2,3,4,5) is a hemi. There was only one sac, next to a base of hairs, but it has stoppped growing. Nothing seems to be hapenning with it now.And the other plant (Pictures-6,7,8,9) is still not maturing. getting bushy and bigger, but no flowers.

PANA0002.JPG

PANA0003.JPG

PANA0004.JPG

PANA0005.JPG

PANA0006.JPG

PANA0007.JPG

PANA0008.JPG

PANA0009.JPG

PANA0011.JPG

Strange that other one hasnt started yet. The first plant looks great though. I'd let her finish and see what happens.

Shit, 4 or 5 weeks. I really can't remember. One thing I learned from my current grow (first) is that weeks can't be used. For a while I had a chart with calculations and stuff, but it didn't go with the plant. Once both had pre-flowers, I thought, I changed it over to 12-12. Unfortunately one is shy.

Latest posts

Back