Solar panel inside grow cab?????

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Firepower

Reaction score
Im curious to use a solar panel water fountain for a hydro setup, i found a submersible pump setup for a fountain with an attached solar panel that works when theres sun, im guessing the solar panel will still work in a sense, does anyone know of this being done before?
If it does that will be awesome, talk about a green grow cab recycling electricity to water the plants,:woohoo:.

P.S. i finally finished my stealth cab that i was talking about last year for those that remember, pics coming up soon.

93065.jpg

Thats cool ive never seen that before.:hubba:
You should make a Hydro/Solar grow journel.:rolleyes:

Firepower said:
Im curious to use a solar panel water fountain for a hydro setup, i found a submersible pump setup for a fountain with an attached solar panel that works when theres sun, im guessing the solar panel will still work in a sense, does anyone know of this being done before?
If it does that will be awesome, talk about a green grow cab recycling electricity to water the plants,:woohoo:.

P.S. i finally finished my stealth cab that i was talking about last year for those that remember, pics coming up soon.

did you try it yet?? I think it would work:hubba:

im waiting to see what answers i get here first before ordering the pump. If i do it i have to wait till i finisht my current grow since its all soil and i haven experimented with hydro yet. this is my second more like first grow.. the first was about testing what worked and what didnt and plenty of experiments. ill let you all know..:aok:

I can't see why not. Use that wasted light up!

In graduate school, I build a solar powered beer cooler which was the envy of the other nerds. That hotter the sun burned, the colder the beer got.

If only I could use my criminal master mind for good instead of evil....

I think it would work well but be sure to have an electric back up, because solar energy isn't always effective, like on days with heavy over cast.

massproducer said:
I think it would work well but be sure to have an electric back up, because solar energy isn't always effective, like on days with heavy over cast.
He is powering it with the light from his grow lights, not from the sun... you should figure out a way to use it as a backup to your lights.... Run them on electricity long enough to charge the solar pannel and then run them off of the solar pannel... It would probably keep a charge for a while since it is being recharged by what is running it but idk if it would power your lights, depends on your wattage i guess....

JohninWI said:
I can't see why not. Use that wasted light up!

In graduate school, I build a solar powered beer cooler which was the envy of the other nerds. That hotter the sun burned, the colder the beer got.

If only I could use my criminal master mind for good instead of evil....

You need to tell us all how you did that...I see the potential for a solar powered water chiller.

Where can you buy this pump? I was thinking about it for my outside garden last year but couldn't find any.

the pump needs to be running 27/0 so it wont work in flower or 18/6 unless you switched it to an alternative power source everyday and then back in the morning. if they get enough light they work, you might want to get more than one tho ;)

BagSeed said:
He is powering it with the light from his grow lights, not from the sun quote]

Is this possible? I thought that Photovoltaic's or solar cells used solar solar radiation to generate electricity.

be cool if you could charge a battery or two with it. then that way for some unseen outage it still runs. (guess this would only work if placing it outside but then again power may go out)

massproducer said:
BagSeed said:
He is powering it with the light from his grow lights, not from the sun quote]

Is this possible? I thought that Photovoltaic's or solar cells used solar solar radiation to generate electricity.
idk if these r the same cells, i would assume so, but when i was a kid ive bought & built these solar cars & robots u could get from hobby store. they would run in a dark room powered w/ a flashlight held overhead.

Latest posts

Back