some confused

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

blondlebanese

Reaction score
i've read that plants double in size when put on the 12/12 cycle. in my expirience (two grows) the plants stoped gaining hieght around the third week of the 12/12 cycle and grew only flowers and sugar leaves from then on. which is normal? during the last seven weeks of flowering the plants, at most grew half of an inch. i raised three kinds and they all stopped growing around twentyfive days into 12/12. i just looked in my journal and the plants did double in size in the first three weeks of 12/12. so, my question changed a little. do plants always stop growing (stretching) after three weeks flowering?

Yes. thats the flower cycle in a nutshell. 3 weeks stretch and then watch the buds grow big for next 3. Last 3 they just ripen up which gets boring to watch.

True that, you got it right. They stretch when you flip them to flower, then they concentrate on making flowers and not growth. I see root growth almost stop in flower too. Those plants need all their energy to make dank for us. Aren't they nice.

Oh, I love the last 3 weeks chaz--the buds start bulking up putting on more weight and trichs...and then there is the anticipation. I am about 3 weeks away on a couple of plants and always think....now it starts getting exciting....you can see the end product and know that every day the plant will bulk up a little more until the trichs are to your liking and you harvest (my arthritic old lady fingers do hate the harvest part though).

Rose i think that i actually see root growth in flowering, maybe slower than in veg but definitely some growth

When I grew one out in a glass cylinder, the root growth was nearly nonexistent in flower after the stretch.

The reason i found that out is an od grow, when they were just starting to flower i put them in 10 gallons smart pots. They never grew or filled them out. I guess it is like asking us to multitask. They are serious about flowering so everything goes into that.

Latest posts

Back