some pics of my babes

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

yogi dc

Reaction score
I dont know if i want to start a GJ but here is some pics of sweet tooth papaya, trouble maker.
they are TWO WEEKS old and growing fast.
The papaya and troublemaker are only two days old. i have not placed them into a system. i am fairly new at the whole hydro thing but i wanted to give it a try, so let me know what you think.

This is the set up,
Homemade growbox that is L 2 foot W 15in H 5 1/2 foot tall. 8 plants
6 are in the DWC or Bubbler with Three air stones.
8in duct fan taking out hot air conneted to a homemade cadbon scruber. 2 muffin fans intaking air; one 5in fan cirulating air in the box
light: 250w HPS and 75w Cfl s. i will get a MH conversstion bulb soon.
i wired the HPS ballast my self. i brought all of the parts from ebay for a total of 21.00 including the bulb.
3in net pots with rockwool
the temp is 88 and 93 at its highest.
ph is 6.0
I am using schultz 10-15-10
the micro nutrents are, 1.6% ammoniacal nitrogen ,
0.2%nitrate nitrogen ,
8.2% urea nitrogen,
phosphate (p2o5)15%,
souluble potash(k20) 10%,
.0.10 iron,
0.10% chelated iron,
manganesse 0.5%, chelated .05%
zinc 0.5%.
i am also using a root stimulator 4-10-3
i have trhe right nute for flowering a will use what i used last time DNA AB
well thats it here are the pics.

HPIM1622.JPG

HPIM1624.JPG

HPIM1617.JPG

HPIM1620.JPG

HPIM1621.JPG

HPIM1618.JPG

HPIM1616.JPG

if someone could tell what maybe wrong with the one plant on the left side of the top row?

Your babies are looking great yogi dc. Is the plant you are talking about have taco shape leaves?

I didn't think schultz made hydro ferts.
Hydro ferts contain a lot of trace minerals and things that the plant won't get in a hydro system that it would have gotten in dirt. So may want to verify that your using the right ferts.

Gen. Hydro, Dyna series, many more.
here's a couple of links:
http://advancednutrientsdirect.com/
http://www.genhydro.com/

well on the boxs it said that it was for hydro/ soil but i will check out the link, thanks bro.
also TBG yes i am talking about the one that looks like a toco. what do you think it could be.

Mutt said:
I didn't think schultz made hydro ferts.
Hydro ferts contain a lot of trace minerals and things that the plant won't get in a hydro system that it would have gotten in dirt. So may want to verify that your using the right ferts.

Gen. Hydro, Dyna series, many more.
here's a couple of links:
http://advancednutrientsdirect.com/
http://www.genhydro.com/
I bought BC grow, boost, bloom, also awesome blossom, thrive alive B -1
Thanks for the help they are grow fast but I am having a problem with the roots it looks like they are drying up and dying…but they are getting plenty of oxygen to the roots. I have three air stones…
Could anyone tell what could be wrong.. here are a few pics they are at three weeks old +3 days.. what cha think..

HPIM1637.JPG

HPIM1631.JPG

HPIM1639.JPG

HPIM1636.JPG

Whats up yogidc. I would send Stoney Bud a PM he is the hydro man. ;)

Hey Yogidc, I've got to tell you man, I've never done a DWC or "Bubbler" grow. I specialize in drip, NFT, or Ebb and Flow but not DWC.

I have some sort of an aversion to DWC. I'm not sure what it is other than I just don't trust it.

Ebb and Flow is the most maintenance free and NFT is the simplest to set up. The good thing is you can convert to Ebb and Flow with no problem from a DWC if the plant is still small enough.

Sorry man. Other than the advice to move up to ebb and flow, I don't know enough about DWC to fill a thimble.

astra knows some DWC if I remember correctly. Give him a try.

Sorry man.

they are now 4 weeks ole and 3 days in to flowering..doing great.
what ya think.

HPIM1646.JPG

HPIM1652.JPG

HPIM1654.JPG

HPIM1648.JPG

can you see that the top nodes have split in two.. it just did it i never toped or film..

Looking good Yogi. They are really starting to fill that tub up. Keep it up man your doing a great job. ;)

thanks TBG, they do grow up fast, next thing you know they be off to some collage..kids bowl

Man! Six plants in that tub and only two are female, two herime and two males. Will post some pics later. the two girls are about 4 feet tall and going. the papaya and trouble maker are almost 2 weeks old and growing fast.

Whats up yogi dc. Bummer about the males but we all get them. What do you think caused the HERMIES? :eek: Do ya have any light leaks?

if everything is going fine and then wham, ya get hermies............ this is usually caused by a sudden trauma or massive shock to the plant. i find that soil is more forgiving then any kind of hydro grows in this aspect. scrap the hermies and the males. unless you want seeded bud which might not be a bad idea as you only have 4 plants. chose which male you wanna keep and go fer 3 and get some nice seed.

i just noticed sumthing - sweettooth is a pain to grow, i have grown spice of life's breeder steve's sweettooth and it hermied, stunted, was under/over ferts several times and just an all around pain and then ya got papaya which is almost as bad.

the best sweettooth i grew was clones from an older 14 month old clone mother that was a clone of a 8 month old mom. i did not seem to have any problems with it.

well i think that the other two hermie because it was not getting enough light in the beginnig of its life. two taller plants one which became male block light from it for a while but once i cut it out it got more light and then hermie.

Theses pics are of a male that i cut out, troublemaker that is three weeks old and a female sweet tooth that is 6 weeks old and two weeks into flowering. I was wondering if i breed troublemaker with sweet tooth to get sweet trouble, or papaya and master kush to get master papaya?

HPIM1677.JPG

HPIM1667.JPG

HPIM1673.JPG

sorry, that not troublemaker its papaya she got a little burned. trouble maker is doing a lot better she has been put into flowering today.

Latest posts

Back