some pics of my new grow

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sgtsmoke

Reaction score
hey guys.

i am starting new grow and figured i whould post some pics.i have 10 papaya and 3 indoor mix from gypsy nervana.they are 11 days old and growing fast.i am gonna trans plant in few days,they are under 1 400w mh 4 40w cfls 1 250w hps 1 100w hps and 2 warm 40 cfls also a 150w flouresent sun system grow light.i have the 4 40w clfs hanging from both sides of my main grow hood .just turned all the lights on the 3 days ago,my closet is 4'x2'x8' gonna be tight till i get the males out.i am gonna try some black gold worm casting soil and bat gauno this grow.havent added any nutes yet,i like to wait till i trans plant b4 adding any nutes.i am gonna use fox farm grow big then in flower gonna switch to fox farm tiger bloom.and change 400w mh to a 400w hps light.gona try to clone this time around will be first time so i might need some help from the pros.this will be my 5th grow and looking forward to the end results.ill post my progress evey 2 weeks.i have mad a couple of homeade co2 in 2 liters with yeast and sugar.i have some hosses hanging over plants.i have not worked out a timer setup yet.under the main hood i have my 400w mh and my 250w hps.i baught the hood seprate and added the extra bulb,they both fit in there great.heat is my main prob i have to leave the door open in day and close it when lights go off.kinda pain the the but,really sucks when go to 12/12 all well my temps stay 70/85 deg.kinda messy rite now with all the wires and stuff.but will redo everything when all the plats are in there bigger pots.i have everything all on breakers so f anythin shorts out there wont be any fires.i also and smoke detecters in grow room and in bedroom also.fire extinguisher close

lights 002.jpg

lights 003.jpg

lights 004.jpg

lights 005.jpg

lights 009.jpg

lights 010.jpg

lights 011.jpg

lights 012.jpg

lights 016.jpg

lights 020.jpg

Sounds good... u'll be sure to have ppl following along.

Whats up sgtsmoke. Glad to see your starting a new grow journal and may i say your set up looks great. :aok: Will be following your grow from beginning to end and look foward to those big fat frosty buds. ;)

GreenMojo.JPG

thanks tbg.

i will post more pics when i trans plant in a few days.got some black god soil
and some bat guano comming soon here in a few days.i have to get them out of those little cups soon.i have one question tho,

wheni get my soil black gold soil worm castings
do i have to mix in some potting soil with it?
can i use it straight?

i have never used it b4 -----)newbie here

Hey Looks Like You Did Some Reading Thats Whats Ups Keep Up The Good Work

i want to get a co2 setup but heat will be my main prob.the only way to get the heat out is i leave my door open when lights are on and closed when off.u can se in my pics i have a 15inch fan above my main hood wich works good my temps stay at like 75/85 now.but when i do the co2 door has to be closed and fans off.
i was thinking if i can just leave my 400w mh light on and have the other lights off.my room gets in the 90s with door closed and just that light on.it will only be like an hour or so.i asked my girlfriend that i want an enclosed hood with 6 inch duct for christmas ho ho ho

hello all.

just wanted to post some updated pics.i transplanted to diff pot yesterday.i used a diff soil mix this time,i whent with some worm castings and bat guano this time.mixed it in with my usual potting soil i get from home depot.the reason i put some in the smaller pots because i dont have the room for 13 full sized pots so i put some in smaller pots till i can sex them and get the males out.and retransplat them again .sucks not haveing enough room,everything is going good so far there almost 3 weeks old and healthy.gonna start annd a small dose of fox farm grow big next week.

lights 020.jpg

lights 033.jpg

lights 034.jpg

lights 035.jpg

lights 036.jpg

lights 037.jpg

Whats up sgtsmoke. :headbang: The babies are looking great man. Whatever your doing keep it up. Better hope you don't end up with all females man or your gonna have a freaking jungle. :aok:

Hey SGT!!

Tennnnnnnnnnn hut!!! All buds at attention!

Welp dude, good job so far. Heat is a problem. The main issue with keeping that door open is light leak during flower. Also probably going to get a little humid once those plants build up sufficient mass. I'd work on addressing it now so it doesn't become a major issue when it's critical.

Good luck!

ya heat is mjr problem.what i do when flowering is i close the door when the lights go off.i usually set my time schedule 6am.6pm,im from the east so its dark here at 6pm and if i get home to late b4 i can close the door there is no ambiant light comming in, but i am good at keeping the door closed when lights are off.then when lights are on at 6am i open the door.its a pain in the but.but it works,i have a panel of insulation that i stick in the door with mylar and one side of it.it closes of half of the door.and top is open for air to blow out thanks TBG ya that whould **** if i had all females.but i have learned to do more seeds so i have more chance to get more females.i can pack 8 3gall pots in there.i have 13 going now hope to get 8 females.if i get more my buddie grows also,i told him ill hook him up with some femals.

what is good humidity during veg and flower?

i am at 34/40% humidity now.i took some pics of the piece of insulation.one pic you can see the mylar.and the other pic its in its place

insulation.jpg

insulation1.jpg

If i'm not mistaken i think your humidity should be higher than 50% during veg and 50% or lower during flower.

what can i do to bring up my humidity?
add some water in a bowl in the room

It has been suggested to me by the guy at the local hydro store. Take a bowl of water and stand 1 or 2 sponges up in the water with half of the sponges above the water line so as to draw water up the sponges and into the room. This just a suggestion and it might help. :farm:

ok ill try it thanks greenthumb.i just added a small dose of fox farm grow big to my water today.hope they take it ok,i only added half teaspoon to the water.i also checked my ph today it was at 6.8.i think im in the good zone.

hey everybody.
just wanted to post some progress.week 4 and everything is great babies are healthy and growing strong.they took my fox farm nutes good,i just upped the dose today to 1teaspoon.

update 001.jpg

update 002.jpg

update 003.jpg

update 004.jpg

update 005.jpg

hey guys.
i have a question
the plant in jpg3 far bottom corner looks funky,like the runt of the bunch.chould be in transplant shock?
it was like that b4 i added the nutes.

Whats up sgtsmoke. Yes your babies are coming right along and looking great. We always seem to have a runt or two in our garden but they always seem to come around in the end. Your doing a great job my friend keep it up. ;)

thanks grunt,
i am 1 month in,and doing good.i wish i chould know which ones will be male.i only have room for 8 in there.i dont want the ones in the small pots to get root bound.and there to small to cut clones yet.

the other day when i gave them water i forgot to shake the leaves to get the access water off that got on them from me,i have 3 plants with burn spots on them from the water .

week 5
startin to get that funky grow op smell.i whent into the back room this morning to check on things,i opend the bedroom door and theres that funky smell.hard to explain but its there lol,gonna get some california scents freshener.cant post any pics battery in cam is dead

Latest posts

Back