Advertise On Marijuana Passion

Some Questions from a Noob

Jacky

Reaction score
Hi there,
I just started my first grow and I have some questions about stuff. But first some general data:
- tent: 1.6m x 2m x 1.9m diy (for now I use only half of it)
- light: SANlight q6w (245W LED)
- medium: BioBizz light mix (organic soil, little fertilized)
- seeds: 5x white widow, 5x Strawberry Kush (70% indica, 30% sativa)
- more: Hello everyone

I planted the seeds yesterday after three days of germinating and I'm wondering if they could already need some root juice (got that stuff with a BioBizz starter kit). I don't wanna overwhelm the plants right now, as they already have the hard light from the LED because I don't have the possibility to dim the lamp. On the other hand they say that the root juice helps to prevent nute burn, and I used the fertilized soil...

One more Question: I read that its better to keep LED lights at distance (~1m) for a few days, so the seedlings get used to it. But now I worry about getting thin and weak plants, because one is already 2cm.

Would be great to hear your opinion about that stuff. I hope I don't ask abundantly discussed questions :p
Peace!

Kyfarmerb

Growing to live.living to grow.
Reaction score
Hi there,
I just started my first grow and I have some questions about stuff. But first some general data:
- tent: 1.6m x 2m x 1.9m diy (for now I use only half of it)
- light: SANlight q6w (245W LED)
- medium: BioBizz light mix (organic soil, little fertilized)
- seeds: 5x white widow, 5x Strawberry Kush (70% indica, 30% sativa)
- more: Hello everyone

I planted the seeds yesterday after three days of germinating and I'm wondering if they could already need some root juice (got that stuff with a BioBizz starter kit). I don't wanna overwhelm the plants right now, as they already have the hard light from the LED because I don't have the possibility to dim the lamp. On the other hand they say that the root juice helps to prevent nute burn, and I used the fertilized soil...

One more Question: I read that its better to keep LED lights at distance (~1m) for a few days, so the seedlings get used to it. But now I worry about getting thin and weak plants, because one is already 2cm.

Would be great to hear your opinion about that stuff. I hope I don't ask abundantly discussed questions :p
Peace!
Hello there,so to tell you the truth a couple cfl,s or some t5 fluorescents us what I start seedlings under or to clone.main reason being is that they are very cheap to run and also it's very hard to burn your girls unless you have them literally touching the girls.i would start at the recommended height listed by the led company and from here I will put my hand back up canopy level next to leaves to feel if it's hot after a minute or so.if you have a small oscillating fan I'd place it in low and place it where it will provide just anuff wind to move them ever so slightly .as far as nutes go I always wait a week after very first set of leaves appear.i go half recommended nutes, then three quarters strength, then full strength.i feed every other watering and that's depends upon pot size, medium,temps of environment but generally if your keeping a steady environment 70-85 deg then 7 gallon pots I run will usually need it every 3 to 4 days.well I hope this rant helps.you can check my current grow journal here it's called Back in the saddle again.happy growing to you.

Jacky

Reaction score
Thanks for the help!
So I'm gonna wait with the nutes... I really have to focus on being patient... Fan is already running and the little girls are slightly moving now and then as you recommended 😁. Btw they are all out and look very nice. The first one is a bit tall but I thing she will be allright.

due99bb.jpg
bss6j229.jpg
lavd9b22.jpg

Last edited:

Kyfarmerb

Growing to live.living to grow.
Reaction score
Thanks for the help!
So I'm gonna wait with the nutes... I really have to focus on being patient... Fan is already running and the little girls are slightly moving now and then as you recommended 😁. Btw they are all out and look very nice. The first one is a bit tall but I thing she will be allright.

View attachment 262597View attachment 262598View attachment 262599
Yayayayaya,nice bro.the hardest part of starting your learning process of cultivating cannabis is applying patience.patience and just watching and listening to them.i will be following you here, and don't hesitate to reach out if needed.im an open book,I just want everyone to grow,it's therapeutic to me.happy growing bro

Jacky

Reaction score
Hey guys n girls, I got another qustion: the tallest plant still looks healthy, but the stem is not strong enough to hold it strait (see picture). I think it's because I had the LED too high when I started.
Do you think I shoud do something about it? I considerd sustain her with a string or somethin like that.
The others don't have that problem, cause the lamp was already lower wen they came out.

The limp one:
035.jpg

The rest of the garden:
038.jpg
034.jpg

Jacky

Reaction score
I just made a new thread, but it doesn't appear. So sorry if this Question appears twice... Main thing is this: I had strange symptoms and I thought it could be too much watering. So I gave them no water for another day (usually watering every other day). But that seem to make it even worse.

Does everyone know wat this is? They are at day 16 from seed.
050.jpg
051.jpg
048.jpg
049.jpg

Oldbay

Reaction score
For the first one, you can prop it up a bit if you want with some sort of stake but otherwise you can just wait until your transplant to a larger container and bury it deeper so a lot of the thin stem is under the soil and that will help.
The stuff on the leaves looks like they just got wet to me and the light can do that when they do.

previous question - play the LEDs by ear, start high and let the babies grow into it. If the internode spacing/stretching starts to get longer than you would like you can lower it then

peace
- O

Latest posts