some ?'s

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

joellovesweed

bud lover
Reaction score
this is my first time growing and sticking with it i have 2 females and 1 male. first is it gunna be a waste of time keepin my male around just to smoke? hes in a diff room hes about 6 foot 2 started flowering /growing ugly pots about 2 weeks ago, how much longer till i can smoke him?, and the females when they start to flower how many weeks is it till they can be cut and dryed? and why is it that 1 of the females i used to not take care of what so ever and she dont have 7 leafes she has always grew 3 and i think i did somthing to hurry her up cuz even tho i wasnt taking care of her then one day before the othwers even started to flower she did and looks and smells like some good ass weed but still only has 3 leafs whats up with that? sorry so many ?'s but there will be more

Have you read one of the grow guides?
http://www.marijuanapassion.com/Growing-Marijuana.html
Lots of good info there.

I would say it will be a waste of time to keep that male around, not to mention the chance of pollenating your girls. That pollen can travel a long way on the smallest breeze.
The females are usually done between 6 and 8 weeks, some strains take longer than that, I hear blue strains like to take their time.
The fingered leaf thing may change with age or it may not. Some have 5, some 7, and some three. How old is she? Did you change the cycle to flower when she changed or was it out of nowhere? Do you know the strain?

shes about i dunno i would say 6 weeks or so and once i noticed her starting to flower i started giving her light and started taking care of her again, i dunno what strain she is but she looks the best and i think i shouldnt of ever stopped taking care of her i did cuz i didnt think she looked good but now she looks great and i think its too late and now she is almost done but with a little amount of really good looking stuff ill try and post pics of my 2 females soon, and another thing my females look really good and like they will turn out ok and good smoking but sence its my first time i have used all bulbs that i have got at like loes and some other stores just some 200w clear bulbs and some other thats 150w and its kinda pinkish i dunno, but where can i get some better lights for next grow i dont wanna spend much and kinda wish i could find some around here at ur everyday stores.

Your only option from regular stores would be flourescent types, either the long type or the compact type (swirly type that plug into a regular socket). They're not very strong and it take a few of them to get any results. I always recommend HPS (high pressure sodium) if you want some real results. Do you just have them under regular light bulbs now?

yea i want some hps lights and if i can find some cheap ones online i may buy a few for next time, yes the 2 females are under a 200w clear bulb and a 150w bulb that i said is kinda pink and its a pretty big bulb

Those are going to do nothing for you in the long run, throw some pics up. They have none of the spectrums you need to grow anything more than a couple of bowls of scrappy herb.
Back to the 6 week old female, she started showing pre-flowers and not really flowering I would guess. That's usually when they reach maturity and start showing.
You won't need much HPS for just a couple. You could get a 175 wattor something similar for pretty cheap. Check Ebay.

what wattage would be best ill always only have like 2 maybe 3 plants, and can i get one that will just screw righ tinto the spot light that i have now?

Latest posts

Back