Some serious reading - crop physiology

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thx for the link...

I'm looking to open a hydro shop in my area..... the trouble is, i'm not a good normal gardener... that link u sent has good info on veggies n whatnot. =)

Nice link man! Thank you. I love the "edu" links.

Good luck Kade! Man, there's a lot of competition out there man. I hope you get it going!

Stoney Bud said:
Nice link man! Thank you. I love the "edu" links.

Good luck Kade! Man, there's a lot of competition out there man. I hope you get it going!

No competition within an hour of me rite now... thas why I wanna do it up... I'm in the process of lining up wholesalers n all that... then comes the money... even to start something small outta my house would be good... to get the word out... if it takes off big then I can rent a place.. but the prices ppl want around here are retarded.

what about starting out with a focus in mail order also? That way(provided you got setup to accept visa/amex/mc) you could keep your current job until the hydro shop got off the ground, or you may find ebay business to workout...prices arent that great on there, but i like it for the ease of use. Maybe you could even just start a basic website and put a link at the bottom of your signature(not sure if that violates any kind of clause on MP). But anyway....my point is this, price will always be a "haggle" issue in business....the way to overcome it is with service and knowledge....sorry if im carrying on....im just a big advocate of local business and the unseen value that they bring to the table....i think that if youve gotten some interest from distributors and you arent buying(for the most part) from resellers that anyone could buy from...you stand a chance to do ok. Again, sorry for the rant....i just think it could work

ShuttyMcShutShut said:
what about starting out with a focus in mail order also? That way(provided you got setup to accept visa/amex/mc) you could keep your current job until the hydro shop got off the ground, or you may find ebay business to workout...prices arent that great on there, but i like it for the ease of use. Maybe you could even just start a basic website and put a link at the bottom of your signature(not sure if that violates any kind of clause on MP). But anyway....my point is this, price will always be a "haggle" issue in business....the way to overcome it is with service and knowledge....sorry if im carrying on....im just a big advocate of local business and the unseen value that they bring to the table....i think that if youve gotten some interest from distributors and you arent buying(for the most part) from resellers that anyone could buy from...you stand a chance to do ok. Again, sorry for the rant....i just think it could work

I'm pretty advanced into computers and website design... so it has of course come to mind. Ebay does have a lot of good prices... some well under the cost of products... I dunno if they are sub par products or what... for instance... ph meters for $20 shipped... sure, they are not waterproof... but for the price... WELL worth it... thas where I buy my meters... there is no freakin way I'm payin 100-250 for a ph meter locally when I can get one for $10+shipping.

I dont have a "normal job" rite now either... I got laid off a few months ago... so I'm just chillin... the only thing really holdin me back is the 30k starting order... which i think might be a lil excessive for my area... after selling a few things and getting a feeling on what the market wants then, and only then would i be prepared to drop that money on an order.. i dont wanna be stuck w/ a whole bunch of CRAP i'd never sell... it doesn't pay.

great agri univerity/are cool-i wish i could go back to school, thanks for the link
ll

Latest posts

Back