Some tips/Help please

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LocutusofBorg

Reaction score
hi
new here. I have a plant that is about 2months old. It was give to me as a 8 inch lank bent over plant. nursed it back to health. it is now 24in tall. in a pot withabout 2.5- 3 galons of dirt. some miricle grow. i forgetr what. i have 6 x 150watt CCFL aimed at it. i have no idea what kind of seed it was. the only thing im sure about is that is it female. can i get a few pointers?
Thanks

100_0324.JPG

100_0323.JPG

100_0325.JPG

100_0322.JPG

:ciao::welcome: The first thing zi would do is find a bigger pot and transplant her. Those lights need to be 2 to 4 inches away from your plant so that the plant gets the lighting it needs for the best growth.

:aok: good job so fsr she does have a healthy look to her

i was thinking of transplanting her. i had concerns.. the biggest one being how?
2 people and tip it upside down and out of the pot OR
cut the sides off and lift it out

aslo, how bigger should the pot be?

i dont want to stress it

I would use at least a 5 gallon bucket

I just hole the base of the plant and pull the root ball out of the old container gently. If you break a few of the long root hairs dont worry it wont hurt the plant.

IMO transplanting does very little stress

Actually, I would be less concerned about the pot size (I personally believe a 3 gal pot is large enough) and more concerned about my lighting and growing space if I were you. Your lights are actually 40-42 watt and not 150W. The equivalent wattage (the 150W) is immaterial for growing purposes. We use actual wattage figure. However because of the great variation between wattage and lumens with different lighting sources, lighting needs are figured by lumens per sq ft. Your lighting is good for about 3-4 sq ft. Right now, your lights are dispersing throughout your entire space. You are also going to need some kind of enclosure around your plant and some kind of ventilation system set up.

How have you determined that you have a female plant? How many hours a day are you running your lights? Do you have a place to flower it?

The Hemp Goddess said:
Actually, I would be less concerned about the pot size (I personally believe a 3 gal pot is large enough) and more concerned about my lighting and growing space if I were you. Your lights are actually 40-42 watt and not 150W. The equivalent wattage (the 150W) is immaterial for growing purposes. We use actual wattage figure. However because of the great variation between wattage and lumens with different lighting sources, lighting needs are figured by lumens per sq ft. Your lighting is good for about 3-4 sq ft. Right now, your lights are dispersing throughout your entire space. You are also going to need some kind of enclosure around your plant and some kind of ventilation system set up.

How have you determined that you have a female plant? How many hours a day are you running your lights? Do you have a place to flower it?

i have it in a closet with cloths and other things.its a double sliding door closet, i have a fan blowing thru the cracked door farthest from the plant. i determined female thru research/pics. would you like a close up to tell me if im correct?
i have the lights at 20/4 for the last month. im not sure what you mean by a place to flower it. I need another space to do that? its my only plant.
im open to all suggestions. please keep them coming

I agree with THG , more lights are needed. That's your biggest concern right now. :)

LocutusofBorg said:
i have it in a closet with cloths and other things.its a double sliding door closet, i have a fan blowing thru the cracked door farthest from the plant. i determined female thru research/pics. would you like a close up to tell me if im correct?
i have the lights at 20/4 for the last month. im not sure what you mean by a place to flower it. I need another space to do that? its my only plant.
im open to all suggestions. please keep them coming

If you do not know what I mean by a place to flower it, I really think you need to do a little more reading to understand the life cycle of this wonderful plant and what it is going to take to get it to harvest (if it is in fact a female). You are going to need more/better light, a space that you can make 100% totally dark for 12 hours a day, you are going to need real ventilation. Adequate lighting is one of your most important needs. Remember that you are trying to produce a product that sells for $300-400 an ounce "retail". It is going to take more than 6 small CFLs and a fan in a closet. You WILL get out of this what you put into it.

Yes, I would like a picture--a real close-up of "the female parts". You are still in veg and most likely only have small preflowers, if that. Many new growers mistake new growth for pistils. I could not tell from the pics, but do you have alternating nodes?

hi
i have been doing a lot of reading in the last hour or so. im going to buy a grow tent and 1000w lights. 2 different spectrums, one for veg and the other for flowering? yes they are alternating nodes

right now i dont have anywhere to put it except where its at. im working on a solution. i hope these pics are good enough. LMK if not ill get them better

clicky links. thanks for your help

You'll need a completely dark room (no light leaks at all) for budding, you'll also need a different ventilation system to bring in fresh air.

Yes, please do post up pics, always good to see how things are going!!

Sorry, must have been an older window I responded to....

i going to buy all these items. i cant figure out what to get for vent/exaust
please tell me if i missed something
thanks

hXXp://www.ebay.com/itm/Virtual-Sun-1000W-HPS-MH-Grow-Light-Tube-Reflector-Hood-Digital-Kit-Dimmable-/200786735467?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item2ebfd2716b

hXXp://www.ebay.com/itm/Virtual-Sun-Reflective-Mylar-Hydroponic-Plant-36x20x60-Grow-Box-Tent-Growing-Hut-/200781492899?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item2ebf8272a3

You will need a centrifuge type inline fan. For a 1000 watt light id go with a six inch at least. Something around 400-450 cfms. You want fresh air so that your plants have a constant supply of fresh c02. And for heat purposes as well.

im guessing you mean this or similar?

hXXp://www.ebay.com/itm/Virtual-Sun-6-Inline-Exhaust-Duct-Fan-500-CFM-Blower-Hydroponics-Vent-VS600F-/310408321888?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item4845c71b60

Hey Locuttus post your pics here most of us will not open off site links and kill the live links by putting hXXp instead of http

I dont see anything showing sex in those pics yet

ok then. i dont know what im talking about. i thought those 2 little groths meant female.

Those green hairs at each node are on all plants what you would be looking for would be small white hairs coming from a small green pod, and yes the fan you stated above earlier would work.

This is a fairly expensive and time consuming hobby here, you may want to do more studying before you decide to dive in any purchase a lot of these items.

thanks for the input. considering im paying 5-600 an OZ here in MA, after my first good grow ill recoup all my money. im also going 1/2s with a friend

Be very very cautious about growing with a friend--this is usually fraught with problems. The number 1 rule of growing is to tell NO ONE!

You might want to look at T5 fluorescents for vegging rather than a MH. They emit about the same lumens per watt, but you can get the lights right on top of the plant and the T5 spreads the light more evenly.

I would plan on spending about $800-1000 to set up a tent with a 1000W light. I would recommend at least a 4 x 4 tent. A 36 x 20 tent is small and simply will not hold very many plants.

You are getting quite a bit of stretch...try and get those lights in as close as you can and hang some kind of reflective material around the plant to make a smaller space. Cheap space blankets will do in a pinch, but they are not the best product to use. Your tent will have reflective walls, but when your plants are small, you may still find that you want to hang reflective material to take full advantage of all the light when your plants are not taking up all the space.

I also do not see any signs of sex yet.

We do not like direct links here--they could take you anywhere. Please change the http to hxxp and remove the from your links.

Latest posts

Back