something important to ask

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Icex420 said:
haha @ cowboy

Howdy :guitar: Love this stuff. Im getten smarter by the minute. OH,,and by the way. I dont think Mankind will ever know the truth about the Universe. As a matter of fact,,I dont know what makes us think we should. We Humans or nothing more then a blink in time. We are here now, So ENJOY,,, there will be a time that we will all be gone, this planet will look like Mars and it will still have only been a BLINK in time, no more then a wisp of air, the scheme of things.
Priest Of Knowledge,you better quit trying to figure crap out, and get busy enjoying your life, while its still here. Cause take it from a middle age man,,,,,it goes way to fast, as it is.:ignore: Thats why Im gonna go get high right now,,me thinks the Planet just moved. Thats Scaryyyyy :hubba:

yimmy capone said:
On behalf of my fellow MPer's I would like to thank Preistofknowledge. I think he has helped enlighten our innerself.

Oh thats just my insides tickling with laughter. This thread was just to darn funny.

I agree. It's been fun. ;)

CowboyBudsky said:
Priest Of Knowledge,you better quit trying to figure crap out, and get busy enjoying your life, while its still here.

Yeah no doubt, the alternative doesn't look very productive.

"Your money, your love, your power... all for death. You will never love, become more rich, or become more powerful than the billions that preceded you, yet you move on like clockwork without a question as a meaningless gear in our society should."

>>> YOUR BELIEFS, YOUR CHOICES, YOUR BEHAVIOR, YOUR DREAM.

Love it or lose it buddy, sanity in a world/society like today is a rarity...and you are close to loosing it.

Stop worrying about others, start being ACCOUNTABLE for your behavior...

..and for god's sake, if you whine about life, then refuse to listen people are going to make fun of you.

Now...

Grab a tissue and listen (absorb) for a change. Believe me...I thought I had it all figured out too...

Then puberty ended and reality set in. :)

Pride is the worst thing for anyone to ever have. It is the main reason the world is as disassociated as it is today

Complete and utter nonsense ...If people didn't take pride in what they did ,the place would be an even bigger mess than it is now. Without pride there would be no incentive to do anything properly. Everything would be done in a half-arsed fashion.

I take pride in what I do, and take pride in the fact that people consider me reliable and can be counted on. What's more is, I feel proud about the bud I've grown and right now, I'm gonna roll some up, get high ... and feel proud.

Well I read most of it, understood very little, laughed a lot.

I think I can sum up your problem for you chief, you REALLY need to get laid.

About 4 years ago I suffered from a stress breakdown, not a pretty sight, some of it I don't remember, but when the GF tells me of some of the things I did during the first few days of the breakdown I am like :eek:

I came out the other side a changed person, my mindset altered. My breadown, along with other circumstances in my life, opened my mind to many more things, and I think a greater understanding of what life is about. You along with too many other people spend you time locked in this self defeating crap, by the time you get anything figured out you will be too old to enjoy the youth you have. So let me sort this out for you, nice and easy..

Some people will take from you and never give back, these people are not friends, they are a**holes, ditch them. My circle of friends ONLY includes people who will give as well as take, people I can rely on, people I can trust. Its true I have a smaller circle of friends now than I had before, but I have quality friends, and THATS the most important thing, leave the vampires out to go feed on each other.

I also have the love of a good woman, I don't feel the need to 'play around' I get everything I need at home, and more. She is my best friend as well as my lover, we don't always get along, and we do argue, but give it a few hours to cool down and the red mist to go away and its all good again. An argument gets things out in the open, then gives you time to chill and think upon it, and then discuss it later, when we have chilled out. Get yourself a good partner, it will help you no end, I promise.

I bought myself a motorbike, a big 1200cc sports tourer, its an awesome sense of freedom, and there is NOTHING like flying down some twisty country roads, lining up the bends and sweeping through them with the bike banked over, massive grin on my face, GF on the back, I could do it all day long. Not saying that this will help you, but it helped me imensly, my life to a massive change for the better when I got my bike, a VERY noticible change, many friends and family have commented on it.

I think about life in a new way, life's journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting "Holy sh*t...what a ride!

Forget the crap dude, go out and enjoy life, before its too late.

then again what the hell do I know, I am a pot smoking biker, I just spend most of my time laughing and grinning now.

Hey just remember don't go using your knowledge on the WEAK. Obviously here we just proved you wrong, we stood up to you, we did not cower in aw or disbelief. We simply spoke our minds of your blasphemy, so please don't go startin no cult Speaking things about how the world will end or some crazy ****, LIVE FORSELF!

Well said lastritez, but for some reason a guy like POK will read all these post and say "Those stupid stoners are so dumb" What he doesn't know or will not comprehend is what really is important in life.
You will go through fundamental alterations
in the quality of your experience.
Either spontaneously
or as a result of prayer,
meditation,
ritual,
song
or special foods
You will experience
great love,
wisdom,
serenity,
or connection
to a god
or nature.
Experiencing altered states of consciousness
will affect
all of your other experiences.
You will experience yourself
transformed
into a different being.

well my breakdown may have been the best thing to happen to me, odd thing to say, but I think its true. Not every change has been good, I have lost a lot of the patience I had before, I get annoyed quite easily by stuff, mostly by people who cannot see past the end of their nose, the MJ laws REALLY screw me up, I just don't get it at all, lack of common sense IMO.

I used to be so uptight about having the best this or the best that, wasting my time chasing impossible dreams cos society thinks thats what I need, and its all bull, every bit of it. Life isn't complicated, just stressfull at times, life is easy, people make it complicated. Life is a journey, not a race, you don't HAVE to be at the front, I don't run that race anymore.

Enjoy the ride, you don't get a second chance, don't waste this one.

hxxp://www.jiddu-krishnamurti.net/

Jiddu Krishnamurti 1895-1986

The Core of Krishnamurti's Teaching
photo of Jiddu Krishnamurti

The core of Krishnamurti's teaching is contained in the statement he made in 1929 when he said: "Truth is a Pathless land." Man cannot come to it through any organization, through any creed, through any dogma, priest or ritual, not through any philosophic knowledge or psychological technique. He has to find it through the mirror of relationship, through the understanding of the contents of his own mind, through observation and not through intellectual analysis or introspective dissection. Man has built in himself images as a fence of security--religious, political, personal. These manifest as symbols, ideas, beliefs. The burden of these images dominates man's thinking, his relationships and his daily life. These images are the causes of our problems for they divide man from man. His perception of life is shaped by the concepts already established in his mind. The content of his consciousness is his entire existence. This content is common to all humanity. The individuality is the name, the form and superficial culture he acquires from tradition and environment. The uniqueness of man does not lie in the superficial but in complete freedom from the content of his consciousness, which is common to all mankind. So he is not an individual.

Freedom is not a reaction: freedom is not choice. It is man's pretence that because he has choice he is free. Freedom is pure observation without direction, without fear of punishment and reward. Freedom is without motive; freedom is not at the end of the evolution of man but lies in the first step of his existence. In observation one begins to discover the lack of freedom. Freedom is found in the choiceless awareness of our daily existence and activity.

Thought is time. Thought is born of experience and knowledge which are inseparable from time and the past. Time is the psychological enemy of man. Our action is based on knowledge and therefore time, so man is always a slave to the past. Thought is ever-limited and so we live in constant conflict and struggle. There is no psychological evolution.

When man becomes aware of the movement of his own thoughts he will see the division between the thinker and the thought, the observer and the observed, the experiencer and the experience. He will discover that this division is an illusion. Then only is there pure observation which is insight without any shadow of the past or of time. This timeless insight brings about a deep radical mutation in the mind.

Total negation is the essence of the positive. When there is negation of all those things that thought has brought about psychologically, only then is there love, which is compassion and intelligence.

This statement was originally written by Krishnamurti himself in 1980.

HippyInEngland said:
Realising the differential geometry (a pseudo-Riemannian manifold) or the weaker condition of non degeneracy, reiterating Minkowski space where the 4th dimension is a time lined to run parallel with the 3rd dimension enables a pulsing allowance of cross over, maybe you are not from this essence and you are simply a visitor.

:holysheep::confused::stoned:

HippyInEngland said:
The true question is ...
Am I thinking im thinking or am I thinking that im thinking that im thinking?
I am me, who are you?
You are you, who am I?
That question lies within us all
Yet the answer blind to the eye

If I may say to the OP, I think I understand you.

So many people reply to the original post with a "Sharp Comment" or "Small Joke"

What these people need to understand is that there is nothing he is saying in the original post intended to be condescending or egotistical. He is not putting himself on a pedestal, or declaring a moral high ground.

There is a fundamental duality of man. Duality of self if you will. Your emotional side, and your intellectual side.

DISCLAIMER: I would like what I am saying after this to be up for civil debate, not a chance for single sentance sarcasm, or parroting.

This is the duality of man (I say man because I am a man, and don't want to speak for women. It could be humankind, but like I said, dont want to make any sexist distinctions.)

There are two sides to a person, the emotional side, and the intellectual side. The forces are constantaly opposing each other. Emotion is the only thing that is REAL, intellect is the only thing that is true.

You feel love, you see color, you hear music, but there is no way to convey ANY of these feelings to someone who hasn't felt love, hasn't seen color, or hasn't heard sound. These things are intangible. They are indescribable.

Intellect is what is TRUE. These things are not instinctive, they are not natural, these things can only be achieved by scientific evidence. Tested theories, in which it does not matter what the conclusion is, it is considered true.

The true issue, at the heart of any human being, is the ability to reconcile these forces. We often use our intellect to justify our emotion, or use our emotion to justify our intellect.

Does god exist?

Well, there is ZERO evidence for god existing, but we can easily use our emotional justification to "political name" our intellectual understanding.

There are thousands of ways we use each side to justify the other. I wanted to go with the most extreme to make a point.

Intellect is TRUE, it is tested, it is factual. It remains true for every human being that exists. I.E. the Earth doesn't revolve around the sun for some people, and the Sun revolve around the Earth for others. It's a matter of WHAT IS FACTUAL.

What you FEEL is true, is 100% irrelevant to what IS true.

What is TRUE, is 100% irrelevant to those who FEEL differently.

The two forces can never be reconciled, and if we are to succeed (depends on your definition of succeed) we have to simply choose one and follow it.

Mine is truth, not feeling. I am not preaching, or saying I am right, but I cannot convey my emotional feelings to anyone in any manner as to which I would feel they understand me 100%.

The choice is left up to the entity. What is REAL, or What is TRUE. You live your life by both, and how we choose to reconcille the two, is a personal choice.

Yea... About that pride thing...

He has no pride whatsoever so, therefore he is unhappy.

It seems.

Okay, here is a "real life" example of my point. I know it sounds crazy, but lets say you grow pot somewhere. In your home, for your own personal use.

Officer James shows up one night. He knocks on your door and you answer it through the screen door. He says "I smell Marijuana, I need to enter this house."

Okay, now, forget legalities. Lets say that you have a button. (yes its hypothetical) You can push this button, and you have a ZERO percent chance of getting busted. Officer James dies, and disappears. You have ZERO to worry about from pushing the button. BUT, if you don't push the button, you will spend 10-20 years in a federal prison. Lets say you have a spouse and several children. Do you push your button?

Let's say officer James has a wife, and children, and needs to support them, do you still push the button?

Is your family better off for you pushing the button or not? Is Officer James' family better off for you pushing the button or not? What's the REAL choice here?

I say, push the button everytime. What I am doing is not a crime, and you are trying to make it out to be.

Seriously, this is how I view my world. What is for the "Greater Good." I don't have a family, but I can't imagine anyone in this situation would sell out their family for a law they really don't believe in.

So, in ALL HONESTY. Would you push the button?

Fadeux I hear and understand what you are saying and to a certain extent agree with you. After rereading POK's origanil post I disagree with your observation of his post.He speaks of finding others that are on his wave length.I guess at first glance there is nothing wrong with this. The wording in which he chooses to use, tends to induce the wrong results.I understand to try and search for like minded indiviauls but to what end? I personelly believe him coming to a marijuana forum and posting what he did,he was looking for reactions, not like minded indivauls.

That's my opinion, Have you read his other posts on here as well?

Latest posts

Back